Gulchfest 2 oct. 18-21

excuses..... Now you sound like Clemson Offroad :flipoff2:
i'm going to gulches on the 15th! and windrock this weekend. and i think clemson offroad is going to URE the weekend before... soo i think i may need a low cost weekend :flipoff2: and va tech sounds like a sick game that i dont want to miss

Well, unless you break/damage something is is the most low cost trip you will ever take. Its all inclusive! We will have everything you need... just bring your Jeep/Rig! Come on! It will be fun!!! Might even win something! We have a ton of door prizes too!!!

BBQ HAS BEEN FINALIZED! WE WILL BE BRINGING WILLIAMSON BROTHERS BBQ!

HERE IS SOME INFO ABOUT THEM...

"Well, it all got started in the late 1980's, sitting around in Talladega, Alabama, trying to find the perfect location for a Williamson Bros, Bar-B-Q Restaurant. We looked in Birmingham, Mobile, Aniston, Huntsville, Pensacola, Ft. Walton, and a few other places. Traveling in a 1988 Chevy Blazer we won with a $100 raffle ticket, we would go from town to town, looking for all the empty restaurant buildings that were available. One Sunday afternoon, we rode over to Atlanta. Without a clue as to where we were going, we exited off the South Loop in Marietta and found an empty restaurant and signed a lease. We headed back to Alabama, rounded up our one employee, John Henry McKinney, and came back to Marietta to build a barbeque pit. After several weeks of hammering and nailing and spending our entire life savings on the renovations, we had just $167.00 to our names when we opened Williamson Bros. Bar-B-Q on March 24, 1990."
"Today, all that hard work has paid off and we have built a thriving restaurant and catering business. We are pleased with the success of our two most recent locations, Canton and Douglasville. The continued progress of our bottled sauce division has given us the opportunity to open a separate bottling facility. We would like to sincerely thank all of our loyal customers throughout the years for the growth and success of the Williamson Bros. brand."

- The Williamson Bros.

HERE IS WHAT WE ARE BRINGING!!!

photo3.jpg

We have finalized plans for an event photographer! He will taking pictures friday, saturday and sunday and we will make sure we get everyones rig in action!

Pictures will be available later to download for free on our website!

We will be donating $5 of each driver/vehicle registered to the fund set up for Gabe Gardner's wife and expected child. Gabe was loved by many and will surely be missed.

For those of you who don't know the story Gabe and his wife were wheeling with a bunch of friends on September 6th in Kentucky when a part failure on his rig sent the vehicle out of control and down the mountain.

Here is what happened...
The group had been wheeling that day and wound up at Lower Rockgarden, it was getting late so they were gonna head back to camp(they were camping on the Putney side) seeing they were so close to Evarts side Gade decided to get some ice for the next day in Evarts. The other 2 guys just headed back to camp while Gabe and Heather went to the store. They got the ice and Gabe let Heather drive the Jeep back to the Putney side on the way back Heather told Gabe the jeep was driving funny, they swapped seats and Gabe headed back to camp when the jeep went off the mountain(turns out the panhard mount broke off the unibody), Heather said it rolled about 3 times, then came to rest on a lower trail. The jeep was on its side and on Gabes leg but he got out from under the jeep and leaned on the cage while Heather was getting out of the jeep. He kept saying he was so sorry, and they talked for about 1 min or 2 then he passed out, Heather called for help and other friends arrived and started CPR. He was not gonna make it, his body started swelling immediately; they did CPR the whole time till he got to the ambulance. He was pronounced dead on the scene though.

Also I wanted to mention the towing company that got the jeep; they had to work about 4 hrs getting it back up the mountain. Our friends drove up there to get the jeep and called the tow company, he said it would be at least 200 just to cover fuel and labor. When our friends got there and told the owner the story and that his pregnant wife was in the jeep the owner said that he didn’t not want any money. He told our friends to give the money to Gabes wife. The name of the tow company was Alan's Towing in Harlan, KY. Just wanted to give them a big thanks!