Going through the big D and do mean Dallas

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
In a few hours we'll be embarking on a cross country drive (no where near as interesting as Jimbo's) to go to my sister-in-law's baby shower. Yukon XL loaded down with 1.5 year old, Mother-in-law, and pregnant wife... Why did I think this was a good idea?

Wish me luck!

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
7 hours down and just made first stop. Almost half way, Meridian Mississippi. Handing the wheel off to Burgundy and crawling in the back for some sleep.

Oh yeah, if you are on the same route I have been on going out there the was so bad it was like rideing down a railroad track. Not much chance for sleep. But I wish you well.

In a few hours we'll be embarking on a cross country drive (no where near as interesting as Jimbo's) to go to my sister-in-law's baby shower. Yukon XL loaded down with 1.5 year old, Mother-in-law, and pregnant wife... Why did I think this was a good idea?

Wish me luck!
That sounds like you have baby #2 on the way? Congrats!

I've been doing a Texas to SC and vice versa drive for most of my life. From when we lived in south Tx and to visit my sisters who lived in Austin after we moved back to SC in the late 90's. It can be brutal depending on the roads. I10 used to be the worse going across the bayou. Then it seemed like i20 was just as bad in recent years.

one of the last times we drove to Austin. We left central at around 5.30 in the morning and pulled into my sisters driveway in Austin at 8 that evening. I had Allie's Honda set on kill!

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
That sounds like you have baby #2 on the way? Congrats!
I was wondering who would be the first to catch that. 12 weeks this week, due date is May 17th. 6 days before Nora's second birthday.

We went straight 20 except the loop around Birmingham. The roads weren't bad, but I slept through LA.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
We were planning to go to Gas Monkey Bar and Grill for lunch yesterday but it didn't happen. We rode by there on the way back from the baby shower today and it was packed. Live band tonight and it looked like it was already standing room only. Then we headed by the shop.

20151107_152305_zpsnykl22k1.jpg
Nora enjoyed playing with traffic cones...