FS: 4.0 Turbo Set-up

I got a turbo set-up for a Jeep 4.0. It was built for wrangler but would only need some new piping to work with a xj or zj or something else. Bought it to install on my jeep but i'll be moving soon and dont really have the time/money to install it. It has a lot of parts that most overlook when doing a turbo such as the fuel/timing computer that has been programed for a 4.0 as well as the larger injectors. The guy i bought it from had it set up to run 11 lbs of boost. It has the following:

Garrett t3 turbo (rebuilt and balanced)
HKS Blow off valve
Split Second fuel/timing computer with software to adjust/tune from a laptop.
28 lb injectors
All the intake and turbo piping and mounts to work in a TJ but can be made to fit any other vehicle.

Asking $800 obo

I can email or text pictures if your interested.

http://mrmontez2000.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=create&action=print&thread=12163

thats with stock injectors and 6 lbs of boost. Seen dyno charts of a 5.9 r/t dakota 2wd and they are only at like 215-220 at the rear wheels.

Yeah that may not sound like much but thats at the wheels. Most 4.0's that are rated at 190 probably put like 160 or less to the ground after all the paracitic loss of transmission/tcase/gear/rotational mass/etc...

With the bigger injectors and 11lbs of boost, i was hoping to see mid 200's at the wheels.

Last edited:
My Lease runs out in july so im hoping to start using my college degree. Utah is the plan but we'll see how that unfolds.

Yeah, the split second is about $500 and the injectors are roughly $50 a piece so, $300....That alone is $800, meaning you get a free turbo, bov, and piping

How hard would this be to install on an 06? Can I keep a/c and such? What about reliability? This is just what I was wanting ;)

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Sorry, totally missed your reply. I would assume it would work on a '06 considering its an OBDII and the computer is for a OBDII TJ. You can keep a/c as far as i know. As for reliability, the guy i bought it from had it for about a year with no problems. I'd recommend putting a new wastegate on it that would lower the boost level to 8 or below if you are going to keep the stock bottom end. He didn't have any problems but just a precaution, i'd lower the boost level just to be safe so you dont blow a head gasket or worse. Seen other 4.0 turbo builds that were running similar boost with no issues as well. Its all dependent on how well you install it, condition of your current motor and if you get it tuned properly.

maaaaan my jeep is a slow under powered son of a female dog....but i fear a turbo would take the tap from inside my motor and eject it to another location within the engine block......

Wanna trade? You know you want it, hang ten brah.

Surfboard 028.jpg

I have a trackbar with 3/4 heim and probably some other stuff you may need if we negotiate price.

hahaha actually trying to get rid of my board (also a perfection). pm'ed you.

06tjx- standalone computer controls tuning through a computer (cd-rom is included). but i would take it to a performance shop and have them tune it. I had planned on taking mine and dyno tuning it when i put it on.