Firearms

I looked at the bodyguard and like it and its a similar size. I'm mainly getting this to keep on hand when we are out away from civilization. I will shoot it a few times a year but not like take it to the range shooting for fun.
If you not gonna use it for CC, but for recreation/protection, buy another firearm! It's not gonna make ya happy. You are more than welcome to shoot mine any time. You will understand when you shoot it!
I suggest buying the LCR for what you are doing. It's about the same price, size, capacity, more boom, and more friendly for recreation!
Honestly a Walther P22 is one serious machine with the correct ammo, and handler! It wouldn't stop a bear, but wild dog's, ect, and plinking is a load of fun. Ammo is cheap too!

I want something small that I can CC when i get my liscence later this year, but I wont be carrying it often. It will stay in my lock box in the jeep, or in my pack when i'm hiking. I'm not looking to spend more than $300, but I could go for something larger as the LCP was very small in my hands and was louder than other pistols I have shot.

Any suggestions in that price range?

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
I have a Walther PK380 that is a midsize .380, holds 8+1, and has all of the same controls as the P22 (which my wife is familiar with). They run $300-$350.

I also have a Taurus Ultralite .38 special revolver (copy of the Smiths) that might actually be better for what you want. They're easier to shoot than the micro .380s imo, much simpler design (they always go boom), and the .38 special is a stronger load. You could also load a couple shot cartridges in the cylinder...

Indian Creek. It's exit 72 on I-26. Coming from Columbia/Chapin get off at that exit, take a right, and it's about 7-8 miles down on your right. They have signs so pay attention. It's part of Sumter National Forest. It's first come first serve. Sometimes I've had to wait 30 minutes.
And don't shoot tracers, you'll catch the place on fire. Don't ask me how I know.

any experience with the FNP9 9mm?
A friend of mine has a FNP9 and I put a few mags through it one day. I didn't really care for it as I found it a bit large and didn't really like the feel of it. I love my HK USP Compact .40 S&W, its fits almost anywhere and holds plenty of ammo for a subcompact.

A friend of mine has a FNP9 and I put a few mags through it one day. I didn't really care for it as I found it a bit large and didn't really like the feel of it. I love my HK USP Compact .40 S&W, its fits almost anywhere and holds plenty of ammo for a subcompact.
I would love a HK, but its out of my price range. I'm looking in the $300 range

Brooks, remember, you get what you pay for.

I know, I'm not looking for something to go shoot with competitivly, or even often. i want something I can practice with every now and then and keep on me incase some meth head decides he wants to kill me while i'm out wandering around in the woods.

If that's the case then go pick up a S&W Sigma series. They range in price from $250-315 brand new, They're essential Glock copies that S&W purchased the rights to. Available in 9mm, .380, or .40. They hold up to 17 rounds. The only draw back is the trigger pull which you can fix for free. I had one a long time ago and loved it for the money.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
There's gun shows coming up at the fairgrounds june 11-12 and Shriner's July 23-24. You could probably find a slightly used better gun in your price range.

There's gun shows coming up at the fairgrounds june 11-12 and Shriner's July 23-24. You could probably find a slightly used better gun in your price range.
I would love to go to both of those and pick something up, but I'll be at the overland Rally that weekend in june and I'll be in Highlands for the Mother in Laws birthday that weekened in July.

where else can you find used guns? You cant sell them on craigslist. do they have them in the trader?