February 25 Durhamtown Ride

MCJ will be heading down to Durhamtown in Ga for a ride on Feb 25, 2012.

Durhamtown is $20 per day per vehicle and $5 for riders

CAMPING

BATHHOUSE AVAILABLE AT THE MAIN CAMPGROUND AREA NEAR THE LODGE.
Minimum $15 per site per night for 3 people. $5 per extra person per night.

RENTALS
They also have an assortment of RV rentals that you can stay in.
http://www.durhamtown.com/RV.htm

Durhamtown is 2 hours 35 minutes from the Chapin Exit on 26. or 2 hours 15 minutes from lexington, sc.

So when are we leaving? friday night or sat morning? camping sat night?

People attending:

Marcus
Gillis
Greg
JR
Brooks
Larry

Last edited:

01tj

Im going. I've got a half day the 24th so I could leave after that, but I'm down for what ever. Prob need to go ahead and get some sites because that place stays packed with 4wheelers and dirtbikes.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Depending on the length of the trip I may bring the fourwheeler down to checkout the rest of it. Anybody else bringing one? I'll probably have the XJ so won't do a lot of wheeling.

I'm in. Depending what the census does i could roll out friday evening or early saturday. From my parents house it is 1hr 30mins so thats not bad at all. Just talked to Chris and he may try and bring his XJ and we may pull two dirtbikes down if other are going to ride.

As far as camping goes, If the camping spots get booked real fast or everyone feels like they would want to instead, we could camp at calhoun falls state park, hickory knob, bakers creek or Elijah clark which are all 1hr away from durhamtown just over the SC line in calhoun falls and mccormick which should all be pretty vacant and are pretty nice camping facilities. I also have a large field in Abbeville we could camp at, have a fire, and raise as much hell as we want. That is all just in case the camping gets booked as an option.

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Just reserved the Wild Boar RV for Friday and Saturday night. I have two open single beds ... $10/night. Let me know if your intersted. Also, I'm sure there's room for a cot.