Favorite Eatin Stops

time drive in out here in seneca! awesome burgers and the fries come with gravy on top! its at 611 E North 1st St, Seneca, SC. prices are good and the service is great.

Last edited:
Quincy's in Buena Vista or Salida is an excellent streak house. They have no menu, they only serve fillets and prime rib depending on which day of the week. 9 oz fillet with bake potato, salad and a slice of cantelope for 10 bucks. cant be it!!!!

by the way this is not the same Quincy's you may be familiar with.
NONE of the steakhouses out west are like what we have in SC. Even the tourist trap in Amarillo, the Big Texan, had a good steak.

NONE of the steakhouses out west are like what we have in SC. Even the tourist trap in Amarillo, the Big Texan, had a good steak.
I beg to differ. I think it depends on what part of the west your talking about. But you would think Texas would rank pretty high though. I've never stopped at the Big Texan but I've seen it going thru Amarillo. A couple of restaurants in Cody Wy had steaks that tower over any thing I've ever had here. But bar none the best Prime Rib I've ever had (ate it for a week straight) was in Big Sandy Montana on a hunting trip up near the border. It was at a small little bar, it overlapped the plate on both sides and cost $10.
If you want some good eating in Atl. try Rose and Crown Tavern for the best shrimp and grits or anything else. Also look up Fox bros BBQ.

I beg to differ. I think it depends on what part of the west your talking about. But you would think Texas would rank pretty high though. I've never stopped at the Big Texan but I've seen it going thru Amarillo. A couple of restaurants in Cody Wy had steaks that tower over any thing I've ever had here. But bar none the best Prime Rib I've ever had (ate it for a week straight) was in Big Sandy Montana on a hunting trip up near the border. It was at a small little bar, it overlapped the plate on both sides and cost $10.
If you want some good eating in Atl. try Rose and Crown Tavern for the best shrimp and grits or anything else. Also look up Fox bros BBQ.

Maybe I said that wrong....I was hard pressed to think of steakhouse in SC that couldbeat the steakhouses we encountered during our trip to Colorado and Utah, for the combination of good steak and large portion of steak for the price. I am not a steak snob, but a good steak needs no steak sauce...and a medallion of beef is not a steak. Bobby Van's in DC, or the Ruth's Chris steakhouses try for the steak snobbery, but that's not my style.

The Branding Iron in Moab, Utah served some excellent ribeyes one night, and served me some of the best prime rib I have had in a long time. If we make it back to Moab, that's one of the first dinner spots.

I will admit I have not tried The Peddler steakhouse's here in the upstate in many years, my father used to consider them a good steakhouse.

Now, we so indeed have good food in SC and elsewhere. Like to attend BBQ festivals when I can. Wish you had not mentioned shrimp and grits....BBQ....I'm getting hungry.

Wonder what we have in the fridge........

I only ate out twice the whole week I was in Moab. Moab Brewery, which I remembered being good when I went in 09 flat out sucked this year. But the Casadila mobila was awsome. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1378865982.399287.jpg
I cooked every meal other than that.