Favorite Camping meals

So we have the dutch oven cooking thread, but what about things you dont make in the dutch oven.

Whats your favorite camping meal?

Other than dutch oven meals, I'm a fan of hamburgers and hot dogs on a grill grate over coals, with some home made chili.

So we have the dutch oven cooking thread, but what about things you dont make in the dutch oven.

Whats your favorite camping meal?

Other than dutch oven meals, I'm a fan of hamburgers and hot dogs on a grill grate over coals, with some home made chili.
What about Hobos, you take about a pound of hamburger meat and cut up whatever kind of veggies you like. I like green pepper. Onion, potatoes, carrots in mine add some salt, pepper and a spice mix called Cavenders, the spelling on that is probably wrong, anyway take all ingredients and just mix together and make it into a loaf. Wrap at least 2 layers of tin foil maybe more if tin foil is thin. Lay it straight on the coals for about 10 minutes and then flip it. Take it out with shovel and cut tin foil open and dig in. we made these when I was a Boy Scout leader.

What about Hobos, you take about a pound of hamburger meat and cut up whatever kind of veggies you like. I like green pepper. Onion, potatoes, carrots in mine add some salt, pepper and a spice mix called Cavenders, the spelling on that is probably wrong, anyway take all ingredients and just mix together and make it into a loaf. Wrap at least 2 layers of tin foil maybe more if tin foil is thin. Lay it straight on the coals for about 10 minutes and then flip it. Take it out with shovel and cut tin foil open and dig in. we made these when I was a Boy Scout leader.
We make those in the oven at home.. They are quite tasty.

One thing i like for desert is to take pie filling and one of the Pie irons, Covering the bread with butter, couple spoon fulls of apple pie filling toss on the fire.

Fried toast , take a iron skillet get it hot drop a pat of butter in and when is melts about the size of a slice of bread, toss a slice on top of the butter and fry the bread until golden brown. Then repeat on the other side. Great with chicken stew on a cold night.

Fried toast , take a iron skillet get it hot drop a pat of butter in and when is melts about the size of a slice of bread, toss a slice on top of the butter and fry the bread until golden brown. Then repeat on the other side. Great with chicken stew on a cold night.
what kind of chicken stew do you make?