Ecgs

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Hanging out at East Coast Gear Supply for the day while they work on my jeep.

Items of the day: fix my lockers.

Hanging out in the waiting room watching a king of the hammers DVD.

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
4 other jeeps in the shop besides mine. Don't see anything, are you looking for anything special? I'll ask.

your arb is leaking too? i think mine is leaking at those o rings inside the axle. which is a mega pain in the *** and i dont have the tools to do it with.

gregs is not locking up unless he is on level ground, if he is unlevel it just runs the pump and blows gear oil out the breather. not sure about mason's

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
The arb is fixed. It wasn't leaking at the o-rings like normal and the air line was fine. It was leaking in the center. My lockright from the front is shot. Replacing it with an Aussie.

01tj

The arb is fixed. It wasn't leaking at the o-rings like normal and the air line was fine. It was leaking in the center. My lockright from the front is shot. Replacing it with an Aussie.
Was there any kind of warrenty on this?

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
The lockright has a one year warranty. It's way older than that and it actually wouldn't matter anyway. From what I'm told, lockright was bought out 4 months ago and it hasn't gone very well. Nobody has lockrights in stock and can't get them. So I got an Aussie. It's crazy how similar all of these type of lockers are. And it will be nice to have the proper functionality back.

Yeah all of those lunchbox style lockers are about the same. I think the aussie and the spartan have a little deeper teeth that engage it though. Or it seemed that way when I have looked at the other two compared to my Loc Rite. Could have just been worn down some though as it was used when I put it in the 4runner. Who knows.

Glad you got fixed up though. Hope I can join you guys at the end of the month.

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
And once again, the spindle nuts on the driver side were extremely loose again. Maybe they can tighten them better than I have.

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Going ahead and having the bearings replaced. The driver side is shot. That may be what the problem was. So I'm just goin to get the whole set done while its apart.

01tj

I think the Aussie is a way better locker than the LockRite. I was actually referring to a warrenty on the ARB.

dang greg, fixin the jeep all up! but i haven't cracked my cover yet to figure out where its leaking.. but seriously as soon as you turn on the sumbitch air rushes out of that vent tube. im pretty sure its the orings, but not sure cause i haven't cracked the cover. im really hoping its not something inside that locker.

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
My bet would be that the line got damaged inside the diff. If its not installed right, the line can get caught in the ring gear.

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
I went up to East Coast Gear Supply on Wednesday (8/1/12) to get my ARB fixed under warranty. While I was there, I had a bunch of other work done. Here are some pictures of their new facility.

The front door.

A rig in the parking lot.

The front entry way.

The map on the wall.

The main hall heading toward the offices.

Where I spent my day watching the 2010 King of the Hammers DVD and some motorcross DVD's.

Chase in his office trying to tolerate me all day.

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
A shot of the really cool door that opens up into their warehouse (next to the shop). That is the shop to the left of the big door and the office area is to the right. I was told that the previous owner had a helicopter that he stored in here. That is the mobile helicopter pad at the bottom right of the picture that he landed on and used to move the chopper.

My Jeep up in the air along with another rig undergoing work.

A nice red XJ.

A rig up from Charleston.

The guys trying to flaten out my diff skid so they can get to the bolts (LOL).

That's it. Everyone was really nice and the work was great. The trip was worth it. If yall need anything, give them a call.