December 12-14 MCJ Christmas Trip!

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Several people have expressed concern over Daniel... Like we said at the meeting, as long as you have tow points on the front, we can get everyone up the ledge. From there it's no problem. But, we have 2 other options.

1) we can park your jeep at the Dutch John parking lot (blue/purple arrow on my map) and pick it up after Daniel.

2)we could split into 2 groups and have a group that doesn't run Daniel.

Opinions?

I like option 1 better because it gives everyone a chance to ride with someone else and see the trail.

I think every jeep we have going could run daniel and have fun. we can strap anyone else. If they dont want to do it we have 2 groups. How many have expressed concern?

I think every jeep we have going could run daniel and have fun. we can strap anyone else. If they dont want to do it we have 2 groups. How many have expressed concern?
for anyone concerned, this is the worse part of the trail at 3:44 in this video.

[video=youtube;QyYTvdylcCk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyYTvdylcCk#t=209[/video]

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Art and Richard. Art I'm not worried about. Richard's never driven off road, with a 35 rear on 35s, so I'm fine with him riding with me. Only other I can think of is Tim Neal because of long wheel base and stock tires. But, I asked a question over on nc4x4 and they said the ledge is no worse and 4 feet wider to the right than it was this time last year.

I went through there a few years ago with 31 street tires. I winched myself up the ledge and we pulled several others up. Everyone made it. I'll probably have to pull cable again but I'm in!

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Ready to go now! I'm actually ahead of my normal preparation. The trailer is packed, just have to throw in clothes, cooler, pick up Saturday's meal, and hook up the trailer.