cracks in unibody

Finally had a day off and Joe Meaders got 220v wired up in his garage, so he got to welding
1332085157.jpg
Cracks welded up
1332085063.jpg
Ground flush
1332082357.jpg

Framerail inserts all welded up to the Rigidco Bumper brackets, which bolt to the 4 stock mounts and the 4 frame rail holes, which is also bolted to the bumper subframe mounts
1332084943.jpg

We got lucky welding those up. I already had them in the frame rails for 2 months bare metal on the weld surface. This left a perfect little outline on the back of the rigidco mounting plate, so tack and test fit went pretty smoothly with only 3 testfits and adjustments on the pass side, and only one on the driver side

Here they are inserted
1332084817.jpg

And all the way in
1332084503.jpg

Everything lined up really well and bolted back together easily. It's probably overkill, but I feel a lot better with the cracks welded up. Joe did a great job with the welds. He didn't has a lot of experience welding to the thin gauge of the unibody, but once dialed in, the welds turned out great.

I didn't take pictures of the repair of the unirails-to-rear xmember repaid while te tank was out, but I'll get some tomorrow.