Coronavirus Update...

So I thought I'd see what you guys have going on. I am in Camden/Kershaw. I have been basically staying near the house the last week or 2. Set up a home office here in Camden. Had to go send some invoices and saw a lot of traffic on the roads. Also had to replenish some grocery items and there were quite a few people there. How is it in your county? For references if anyone is interested...

Coronavirus COVID-19 Global Cases by the Center for Systems Science and Engineering (CSSE) at Johns Hopkins University (JHU):

https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

SCDHEC:

https://www.scdhec.gov/infectious-d...ase-2019-covid-19/monitoring-testing-covid-19

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
We were told not to come back to work after last Wednesday. I'm set up in my basement and working as usual, other than some minor issues with load on company systems and cell service in said basement...

I have a coworker that lives in Kershaw and she had been talking about how Camden/Kershaw was the epicenter in SC. On the way in to work Wednesday I had a text pop up from her, and the preview said "I'm talking a sick day". The thought crossed my mind to turn around and go home then, but her symptoms were not respiratory.

We already had one person on our team out because of child care.

I'll probably have to go out today or tomorrow to get some produce, milk, bread, etc. My kids eat veggies like crazy and we're running low.

I've been working at home for about 2 weeks now. No major issues in that front as the company I work for is primarily remote. I also have a home office setup.

I still see plenty of people out in the stores I've been to such as Publix, Walmart & Lowe's. Drive-thrus have noticeably longer lines now.

I work from home anyway. At this point there is only a handful that do (well till beer virus). When the whole company (only about 55k employees) was sent home a few weeks ago we had some GoTo meeting issues at first and VPN issues but they seem to have sorted out. Our company is handling it great. 1/2 off products to customers, guaranteed bonuses to employees, and 8 free counseling sessions. They also pay 100 percent of any covid testing and no limits to sick time off if effected by covid.

I am working still. We have cut down on hours to try to maintain the work load we have until this passes. Very touch and go because we still have deadlines to meet on my large project but I have used this job to cushion the rest of the company. Most plants are not allowing outside contractors currently if they are open at all. I think my work will be stable through this as long as the .gov doesn't issue any mandates that hinder us.

I am being much more cautious and providing the guys with a lot of additional PPE and resources to stay clean and sanitary.

As far as my daily activity I don't have many places requiring attention so I am either at my office in Greenwood or our office in HP. I have been to the stores a good bit as I am our designated errand guy. My wife was at Disney the weekend the shit hit the fan so she is doing a self quarantine and her job is having her work for home. She has shown no signs and this weekend will end her 14 days. Also, my FIL has an auto immune disease so I am getting their groceries as needed. Instacart here is hit and miss so i've had to make some runs each week so far.

USC is shut down and I am "working" from home. Wont be back until looks like 2nd week of May.
I am officially staying away from Wally world in Lexington. Just idiot people but supercharged because of the "fear". So many unhappy people. I am spending more on supplies by going to Publix, but it is so mellow there and people are nicer.

Working from home since last wednesday. Have enough here at the house to last for the month. Hoping to not go out. Hardest part during this time is wanting to quarantine my daughter with us, because my Ex's boyfriend is still going to work daily in augusta, but its a no go. So basically every week we are exposed to hundreds of people.

My plant has been deemed essential with us making valves for the medical, food/beverage, refrigeration, etc. industries. So, it's been business as usual for me. Some folks have been allowed to work at home.

My job was deemed essential this week so we're still rolling. Good thing is we only have 20 couple employees and I don't have to deal with outsides much if at all.

My plant was deemed essential for us to stay open but they asked office personal to work from home if possible. So as of 2pm today I'm working from home until further notice. I'm happy to work from home and not half to deal with what they are installing this weekend starting Monday they are taking everyone temp before they enter the plant.

My plant was deemed essential for us to stay open but they asked office personal to work from home if possible. So as of 2pm today I'm working from home until further notice. I'm happy to work from home and not half to deal with what they are installing this weekend starting Monday they are taking everyone temp before they enter the plant.
Same here. Essential production, taking temperatures at every shift change, machine cleaning, etc. No working from home.

Yesterday was slow so I took advantage and booked over to the parents house in Aiken to retrieve my jeep. Lots of traffic and lots of out of state tags along the way..... Looks like they are saying this will be here for a while.

Saw that about the water ways. No alcohol would be a bad idea. Imagine the influx to the medical system from withdrawal......

Still business as usual here, Trash needs hauling, poop needs to flow.... we are down to essential staff in office only. Our maintenance shop is still fully staffed practicing distancing when reasonable.

Evaluating proposals for the US1 over I-20 Interchange this week. Busy week this week. Lots of good ideas on the table though.
Isn't that currently under construction? Or is this more work after the widening is done.? What ever you do don't change the banking on the west bound lane, i enjoy seeing all the spun out cars in the rain

When are you going to fix malfunction junction?
We attempted to get Teams on the project last year, but there was only one Team that responded. This violates South Carolina procurement code. We had to divide the project into Phases and we are working to award the Phase 1 and 2 of the project in 2020-2021. There is a lot of property being acquired and design being developed behind the scenes currently.