Columbia Jeep Club?

So evidently there is a jeep club with over 100 members that has started in columbia. They are passing out business cards on jeeps like wildfire.

It sounds like we need to pass out some cards if we want new members.

trip attendance in MCJ has dwindled recently, is there something we need to change?

Meeting nights? Trips? Events?

They are having a meeting this saturday at CFS Offroad. Anyone want to go out there and see whats up. My wife's Dads Bday is saturday so we will be out on the lake, or I would go out there.

Well the area is large enough, i know it would be difficult to have many people in the northeast to come out to lexington. Maybe an internet based club? Who knows, Handing out cards is good. Club memberships are always in a flux, up and down, up and down. I hate to see clubs get huge cause alot of times you will start getting differnt "cliques" and bad things can happen. I think we are doing fine, i always do say more local stuff that is cheap to do is a great way of getting people together. Heck maybe a campnig trip to Dreher island, or if we can camp at 33. It is nice to go out of town, but economy still sucks. :(

We have the Toys 4 Tots in November and then the Christmas parade that will be local.

If anyone has any ideas for local trips be sure to bring them up at the meeting.

There has been talk of having a club run to the big MO. we just need to plan a date.

I can't tell ya how many cards have been left on my windshield in the past month's. They have been around for a while now, but started recruiting hard lately. I have met a few members at CFS recently. Honestly there have been several clubs around Columbia in the past few years, but none last. I'm not against them, and could care less, but they may make for some good allies. There may be some worth while events to partner up on! I'm always thinking how to make a bigger splash for charity events. Brooks, I'll shoot ya a PM with what I got in mind!

Not to assume anything, but I know of 2 clubs in the Greenville area that seem to have a lot of members that I wouldn't want to have anything to do with. Not to say you all are "elite" group or that there's not a lot of good guys that y'all could get to join, but there's a lot of idiots that just want to have a sticker on there jacked up jeep with boggers, and they seem to hang out on Facebook.

Out in Lexington driving around i will see various trucks with some kind of offroad club logo on their windshields. Seems like just small groups that will have a "club" just so they can hang out with each other, or could be a group formed in school since alot of them look pretty young.

I met a guy at CFS who was a cola jeep club member. He was inquiring about our club and seemed interested. He had put out an inquiry to his group seeking some help wrenching and got zero response. I was shocked and told him that our club was almost completely do-it-yourself types and there was always someone willing to lend a hand. Didn't sound like they did much in the way of organized trips either.

I met a guy at CFS who was a cola jeep club member. He was inquiring about our club and seemed interested. He had put out an inquiry to his group seeking some help wrenching and got zero response. I was shocked and told him that our club was almost completely do-it-yourself types and there was always someone willing to lend a hand. Didn't sound like they did much in the way of organized trips either.
They plan trips just about every weekend. But it's tresspassing on private land in gaston, Ballantine, and Irmo....