Choccolocco Mountian May 25-28

I suggested Crozet, VA to Gillis earlier after the reviews of choccolocco surfaced. Crozet is about 6 hours away in VA, and isn't that bad for being on the east coast. This was my first east coast wheeling trip after moving from CO to VA in 2006 and I had a good time, plus it was enjoyable watching a bunch of non driving folks tear their rigs up on some fairly easy stuff. Getting a scheduled date lined up is a little bit of a pain, as crozet is privately owned land, but there are open wheeling weekends that usually have pretty big turnouts from all over the south east. Here is a link to their newer website with some trip reports and pics to give you a taste of whats there: http://rcpfa.com/forumdisplay.php?19-RCPFA-Trip-Reports-Videos-and-Pics

Here is one of the pics I found from my trip there:

crozet3.jpg

Kelsi and I are down for somewhere.......just not sure where yet........ If its not Choccolocco or Morris, then where? Any info on that place in VA?

No clue on any of that. I am just gonna have to play this one by ear honestly. I probably won't leave untill Friday if we are camping every night cause home boy likes a shower. Don't think Jay will be going. His complete front axle is in pieces and he's more worried about putting a 90 on his boat right now.

I'm going to Choccolocco for Memorial Day Weekend. My plan is to roll out of Atlanta around 8am on Saturday morning. Get there, wheel, camp Saturday night. Then sometime leave on Sunday (trying not to pull what I pulled at Mountainside last year). I'll just be tent camping and be back in the woods. The RV sites are kinda rough. Out in the open, exposed to wind and dust.

It'll be a combination of just BS'ing around, checking out the smaller rock piles/trails, and watching the big trucks play. There is one trail I did about the first 100 yards and had to stop (another vehicle in my group broke).

I've been to Choccolocco three times. Only once in my personal vehicle. Good trails and lots of them. Ok it isn't out west were you can drive for 3 days and not hit pavement but they have a bunch of trails.

You know there is a big ride at MMORV that weekend for wheeling for the wounded or somethin right? Is there anything goin on at Choc. or will it be just our group?

So, there's been a lot of back and forth.......who all is going and are we going to Choccolocco or Morris Mountain? I plan on coming up on Friday and staying through either sunday night or monday morning......would like to wheel on satuday and sunday!!!! Not sure if we'll be bringing a camper or tent, if we can find a camper to borrow/rent around here that'll probably be the route we go......something about being 8 weeks pregnant and not having a bathroom doesn't sit well with the wife!! LMAO :drool:

XJ, thanks for the offer.......we have a tent so thats not a problem, just trying to find a camper for the wife!! Sounds like a good time!!! keep me posted with the updates!!

Dumb question.......but both parks are dog friendly right? I'm used to wheeling out west where there weren''t really "parks" there was just terrain!!!!!

Not sure if ya'll are accepting strays on this ride, but I could be down for a MM/Choco trip on memorial weekend. I'm pretty well self sufficient, though if someone around the G'ville area wanted to share a trailer spot there would be one available.

What exactly is the plan of wheeling both parks? MM one day then Choco the next?

Just curious, let me know.