• Welcome to the New OffroadSC - We have successfully migrated to our new Non-Profit Servers. Our team has been working hard to make this migration as smooth as possible. If you experience any issues, please let us know via the Housekeeping > Technical Problems Section.

Chevy 'Jounce Bumper' Replacement


When I bought my truck the bump stops in the front control arms were shot but I haven't worried about them. Lately I've started hearing a metal on metal sound when crossing railroad tracks, so I decided to try to find replacements. In searching, I found that they are actually called jounce bumpers, and are supposedly 'an integral part of the suspension system' and provide progressive spring rate, not only a bump stop. I ordered GM part number #15835667, which is for the Z71 package. They are poly instead of the rubber and supposedly hold up better.

Installation was simple. I washed out all of the mud and crud from the stud and they came right out.

It was definitely time for replacement:

Last edited: