• Welcome to the New OffroadSC - We have successfully migrated to our new Non-Profit Servers. Our team has been working hard to make this migration as smooth as possible. If you experience any issues, please let us know via the Housekeeping > Technical Problems Section.

Carrie Jo

The frame is welded up. It was square within 1/16 prior to welding but the frame rails beyond the rear crossmember pulled in almost 1/2”. Most of that is on the driver’s side. Looks like I’ll Have to clamp one side really well and use the high lift jack to open it back up. Everything else is still parallel.

I don’t have a good picture of the finished product but here it is part way through. The crossmember behind the front bumper was there to hold the rails apart but wasn’t welded in. I expect it will get one there at some point but I want to wait until the steering and axle are in to see what I can fit.

215D4C19-B10F-4A53-8ADE-3593A54BC107.jpeg

Using the high lift I was able to get most of the deflection out. 64E815D4-F9E2-4254-9798-D98ED9D49DDB.jpeg

Then I put a temporary crossmember in to hold it open until I can set the body on and place the back bumper.

D7F8D49D-BA78-4011-B543-006356D36FA9.jpeg

Next to place the leaf spring mounts!