Buggy Insurance

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
I would think a policy on a buggy would be insanely expensive. You'd probably be cheaper to tag and insure yours, but even then unless you declare upgrade values you'd only get what a stock '01 TJ is worth. There are some name your value policies out there, like classic car policies, that may work for you.

I've seen alot of rigs burn here latley, and that makes me want to insure my Jeep. I know I can get a regular insurance policy on it because its a manufactured vehicle, but Id like to have a policy for the actual value of the rig. I honestly just want it in the case of fire, theft, or if I had a wreck while towing it. Anyone on here an Insurance Agent?
You should be able to do it for stated value or have it appraised by a shop and send that in. I did several things like that when I ran the lot for jimbo and others. His was more to say it was worth less. Haha

I use esuarance and they allow you to add a set amount of extra coverage on for aftermarket parts, I don't think there was a max amount, as long as you were willing to pay for them.

As for the buggy insurance there is a thread on pirate about it that's worth reading.

I've heard of people in the rover community get their trucks appraised and insured for a certain amount. Makes sense if you've got a classic truck that is restored. Its not longer worth a couple grand.

I'd say work with your insurance company and if possible, provide receipts on components or other documentation. Also let them know that this is a "sometimes" vehicle and not used on road. I would think those two things would help.

Also if you don't have a license plate and never drive it on the road, you can probably get a rider on your home owners insurance. I've put cameras and bikes as riders in the past. Only added like, $25 to $75 for a year. Not that much considering at the time I had a nice bike and I was using my cameras to work.

I dont see why you couldn't get an offroad vehicle, or all terrain vehicle, type policy on it. You can insure a boat, along with all of your electronics and fishing gear under a watercraft policy; or at least that is the deal I have with my boat insure with USAA (which is then underwritten to progressive).

I currently have tags on my TJ, and just have regular car insurance on it and a stock of receipts for all of the aftermarket stuff on it in order to substantiate the additional cost.