Bourbon - The craft brew rabbit hole replacement

I’ll kick it off.

What’s in your collection?

A lot…
Eagle Rare, Blanton’s, Turkey Rare Breed, Some Old Foresters, Several Elijah Craig’s, Holiday BIB, Heaven Hill BIB, Several Peerless, EW BIB, Basil Hayden(s), Russel’s 10, Traveler, Knob Creek (several), Widow Jane(s)

What’s your favorite pour?
Widow Jane Decadence or Peerless Small Batch
Close second is the Turkey 10 year or whatever it is and Heaven Hill BIB. Love some Eagle Rare also.

Favorite for a mixer?
EW BIB

I'm by no means a connoisseur, or collector, but I usually try to have one or two on hand. My uncle and a few coworkers are all buried deep in the bourbon rabbit hole. Currently I've got an Elijah Craig, a single barrel knob, and a few small batch bourbons from Costco that are actually pretty good.

Have you seen anything on any of the Costco small batch bourbons?

1714998260191.png

I haven't seen any of them when we have been in. But, I only go to Costco a couple times a year. We share a card with the in-laws and ours is in my wife's name...

I almost bought a Derringer when I was at the beach because the bottle was cool though...lol

I haven't seen any of them when we have been in. But, I only go to Costco a couple times a year. We share a card with the in-laws and ours is in my wife's name...

I almost bought a Derringer when I was at the beach because the bottle was cool though...lol
I'm not sure which Costco you go to, but here at the one in Columbia the Bourbon and liquors are all next door in the smaller store that's attached.

My go to is Bulleit for a drink in the evenings. There is a Fireman here in Charleston and his dad is the Master Whatever for Bulleit and I've been able to get my hands on some good stuff from them through him over the years that wasn't available locally. I've had Pappy, Elijah craig, Blanton's, etc over the years. I have definitely thinned the herd and don't keep as much on hand. I still get down with a good bottle of White label Evan Williams.

The original Kirkland was just re-labeled Woodford Reserve. I used to buy it all the time. Looking at the new kirkland stuff not so sure. The company on the front produces the following, so it is probably just re-labeled again.

Bourbons[edit]

As a card carrying Tennessee Squire, I drink a lot of Jack Daniels (SB and Gentlemens) ; But also really enjoy George Dickel (new bottled in bond Blue Label, is my fav) and if i need to be "Fancy" i reach for a bottle of Basil Hayden (straight or 10yr)...Unrelated but Casamigos Tequila has had me thinking i was drinking bourbon a couple times...

As a card carrying Tennessee Squire, I drink a lot of Jack Daniels (SB and Gentlemens) ; But also really enjoy George Dickel (new bottled in bond Blue Label, is my fav) and if i need to be "Fancy" i reach for a bottle of Basil Hayden (straight or 10yr)...Unrelated but Casamigos Tequila has had me thinking i was drinking bourbon a couple times...

I found good Tequila in Mexico. It's a game changer.

Next time i'm over there, I may have to try some of that Casamigos. Did you find it local?

I don't know if you would consider it a cocktail or a mixer, but my favorite way to drink bourbon if its not neat is in an old fashioned. Recently we got a few mason jar infusions for bourbon, tequila, and rum and they are pretty awesome.

this is the company: https://vespercocktails.com/en-us/products/bourbon-peach-smash
Interesting. Shannon makes a killer bourbon peach smash with fresh peaches in the summer. I'll have to pass this along.

Do Fireball shooters count? :unsure:

My small collect includes my personal favorite, Buffalo Trace, along with a bottle of Angels Envy, Bulleit Bourbon, Elijah Craig, Woodford Reserve, and a single barrel Old Forester.

Do Fireball shooters count? :unsure:

My small collect includes my personal favorite, Buffalo Trace, along with a bottle of Angels Envy, Bulleit Bourbon, Elijah Craig, Woodford Reserve, and a single barrel Old Forester.
As long as Cole isn’t serving the Fireball, you’re safe!

Nice collection there. The Bulleit 10 year is good stuff. The regular is just fine also. I’ve found that I enjoy the higher proof stuff more as a sipper. Nothing I want a lot of, but a great night cap!

As long as Cole isn’t serving the Fireball, you’re safe!

Nice collection there. The Bulleit 10 year is good stuff. The regular is just fine also. I’ve found that I enjoy the higher proof stuff more as a sipper. Nothing I want a lot of, but a great night cap!
agreed, If i'm mixing with pepsi or drinking socially i tend toward the lower proof stuff so I don't get wasted and so i'm not wasting the good stuff.