Back to a buggy (Name TBD)

I heard it was so gay Richard Simmons put it in a work out video......and congrats Wes you have my favorite got dang jeep ever......this post brought to you by PBR

Looking through some build pics of the buggy today. I sure do hate the hood got cut like it did. I may try to find another one. Anyone have a CJ hood layin around that's in fair shape?

Attachments

To do list before Harlan:
-Install speakers/amp
-Install CB
-Install rear Anti-Rock
-Paint/Graphics

Gotta get some parts in the mail and my arse in the shop it looks like. I also would like to get a new tune put in but that's on the even shorter list b/c it runs great. Would just be nice to have a little extra.

Got started on Harlan prep tonight. Got one header wrapped and got a plan made for the weekend. Plan is to have all wiring for the cb and jam box done this weekend along with exhaust done. Next week/weekend I will do the rear anti rock and swap out the rear lower springs then it will be done or loaded like it is. Haha.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411698071.975223.jpg

I don't think I am gonna do the full exhaust on mine anymore. Just see how the headers do at least for now. They were not very fun to get off (driver side). I have some battle scars this morning...

As close as that header is to the steering lines and cooler I think that was causing a lot of my problem Saturday. Steering would go away a bit after a good bit of riding.

I don't think I am gonna do the full exhaust on mine anymore. Just see how the headers do at least for now. They were not very fun to get off (driver side). I have some battle scars this morning...

As close as that header is to the steering lines and cooler I think that was causing a lot of my problem Saturday. Steering would go away a bit after a good bit of riding.
After wrapping the headers maybe look for some of that aluminum foil looking stuff that comes on lines from the factory in cars to reflect some heat also.

After a lot of shock/spring changes and the Anti-Rock I think it is as dialed in as it's going to get.

I have changed the rear springs from 14-125/16-250 on a 17" shock to 16-100/18-125. The front is now using the old rear uppers and is a 14-125/16-250 on a 14" shock. I also adjusted the Nitrogen in the shocks. They were around 200 PSI all around and went to 120 all around.

After those changes the rear didn't feel like it had the breakover point where it would unload near as bad.

I added the anti-rock this morning and it feels really good. It still has a little lift to it in 2wd when you turn to the drivers side. But I don't think with a locker, krawlers, and a light weight rear you will ever get all of that out when in 2wd on the pavement.

It is much much better atleast in yard testing. We will find out what it's all about next Thursday afternoon.

Overall, I am very pleased with the results.