A tow rig discussion

I'm still dreaming. It will be awhile until i'm ready to buy anything with getting hitched and moving in October and finding a new job, but combining income sure will be nice and easier to have "extra money" living alone is fawkin expensive, but worth it.

The only two truck's i'd consider would be a Ecoboost F150 or a Cummins. I've just always been a Cummins fanboy and love the newer f150s. With Melissa getting a new ride soon i'll take over her XJ (actually been driving it daily for past few weeks)and I wouldn't mind a bigger, nicer truck that i didn't have to drive everyday. F150s would have to come down a good bit for me to want to pay for one though.

I went to look at a 2013 Tundra today. All they would do was spit monthly payments at me, and lease options so I walked out. I asked multiple times for a price and they wouldn't give one. It's amazing what people will do for the right monthly payment. Not to mention that the the best payment they offered me would end up with me paying $1,000 more than full sticker when all was said and done.

I went to look at a 2013 Tundra today. All they would do was spit monthly payments at me, and lease options so I walked out. I asked multiple times for a price and they wouldn't give one. It's amazing what people will do for the right monthly payment. Not to mention that the the best payment they offered me would end up with me paying $1,000 more than full sticker when all was said and done.
I had the same problem when I bought my New car... Took forever to give me a damn price. I had the means of writing them a check and they still wouldn't give me a price...

Seem to be leaving out the best option! Where's the Chevy?
New Chevys are so far out of date it's not even funny. Next years truck looks promising but you would be a sucker to buy one this year. Only two I would consider would be a Ram or a Ford for the current model year. New toyotas have nothing in common with what gave old toyotas their reputation. Ill say it again new tundras are junk. They are made out of beer cans and get horrible fuel mileage.

I must say if i was going to buy new it would probably be a dodge... I love my ford, and would take an ecoboost in a hearbeat if they were reasonable... but the dodge with the link suspension and the 8 speed tranny seems to be an all around great platform.. And the ram box is a damn cool idea..

F150 for the booooobst.... I think they look sick too and I don't like many new vehicles really. The rear end isn't my favorite but its grown on me. My dads 1990 has been a good truck although its practically new now since he's had to replace damn near everything on it. Newer f150 have air conditioned seats too which is luxury car status but you'll pay for all that jazz.

I couldn't buy a new truck unless I won the lottery or struck gold. I just wouldnt want to pay on something for more then 3 years and honestly that's stretching it. A paid off truck is the best truck to have.

New Chevys are so far out of date it's not even funny. Next years truck looks promising but you would be a sucker to buy one this year. Only two I would consider would be a Ram or a Ford for the current model year. New toyotas have nothing in common with what gave old toyotas their reputation. Ill say it again new tundras are junk. They are made out of beer cans and get horrible fuel mileage.
After looking at the new ram yesterday, I like it but there is no way I can afford new in either truck. I'm hunting a used truck now, but still leaning towards a tundra, can't find anyone that owns one that dislikes it.

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
I am a huge fan of american vehicles but Chevy has some big issues that they seem to be unwilling to address. Ford made some major changes before the economy went to **** and they are better for it. Selling off all the off brands they had and getting better car designers and working on their tired look. Chevy hasn't done any of that with the exception of the camaro and the volt. The company is still fat and they will end up paying for it. If I bought a truck it would be a ford, but mainly because my dad is retired from there and I can get a heck of a deal.

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
The fords are expensive. But that statement is true for any truck of that size nowadays. Me and my brother were looking at the F250's and if you wanted anything on it other than plain jane, it was over 50 grand. That's just crazy. These are supposed to be work vehicles. To be beat on and abused. Back when I worked around farmers day in and day out, I don't remember knowing anyone that was going to drop 50 grand on a work truck. They are great trucks, but they seem to have lost a little focus loading them all up with the luxury items.

The fords are expensive. But that statement is true for any truck of that size nowadays. Me and my brother were looking at the F250's and if you wanted anything on it other than plain jane, it was over 50 grand. That's just crazy. These are supposed to be work vehicles. To be beat on and abused. Back when I worked around farmers day in and day out, I don't remember knowing anyone that was going to drop 50 grand on a work truck. They are great trucks, but they seem to have lost a little focus loading them all up with the luxury items.
Lets be honest though, the majority of people don't even use a truck to be a truck anymore. I know people who are afraid to put stuff in their bed because they don't have a bed liner and it will scratch the paint on the inside of the bed.