88 XJ 2 Dr 5spd

Rings are shot!!! Burning about 3-4 quarts per tank!! Gonna put a rebuilt 4.0 with 3 year unlimited mile warranty engine in and call it done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rings are shot!!! Burning about 3-4 quarts per tank!! Gonna put a rebuilt 4.0 with 3 year unlimited mile warranty engine in and call it done.

Wouldn't that more than likely be a head issue? Will you use CME over in Johnsonville, SC? The build a stroker and high torq version of the 4.0 too!

I've talked to them too but have yet to have the money or need to pull the trigger. Either way with you in SC I'd be interested in who you use and how it goes......

In my travels up in Charlotte I've seen rocks like that in peoples yards and thought about doing something like that. Of course I don't have a street jeep.... One of my goals when I get my kids self sufficient..... LJ DD weekend warrior.....

On my way to CME with the original block from the xj. Plan is high torque rebuilt. May go bigger. Not sure yet! I'd like to have around 250 ft lbs

On my way to CME with the original block from the xj. Plan is high torque rebuilt. May go bigger. Not sure yet! I'd like to have around 250 ft lbs

After much talk with CME decided to stick with the high torque instead of the stoker! Could have gotten my 260 ft lbs. but would have needed a custom tune and other expenses unrelated to the high torque version! It's just a straight up rebuild with a tow cam for 10% more torque over stock!!