4.0 and parts

The GM 4.8, the 5.3 never came with an available option for a 5 speed. The power difference isn't all that much from 5.3 to 4.8. But I'm open to whatever I can find and any suggestions

Or you could just continue to run the 2.5! I loved my 2.5L...even had Miller's jaw on the ground a time or two saying it had more power than any 2.5L he'd seen. All I'd done to it was put the 4.0L throttle body on it. It's still sitting in my Jeep...I haven't brought myself to sell it yet :roll: They're reliable motors that make good torque for their size...and the best thing about it is there's no conversion needed. My last setup was running Dana 44's with 5.38's and 37" SSR's. It had more than enough power to handle anything at Gulches that I pointed it at...even made it through Papa Gulch a time or two before I put the Jeep on stands in the shop. I drove it to work with the same setup when I lived in Atlanta for around a year before I moved back to SC and got a state truck to drive home.

Obviously a swap/conversion/V8 all sounds good...but is it really worth it for your needs?

01tj

Or you could just continue to run the 2.5! I loved my 2.5L...even had Miller's jaw on the ground a time or two saying it had more power than any 2.5L he'd seen. All I'd done to it was put the 4.0L throttle body on it. It's still sitting in my Jeep...I haven't brought myself to sell it yet :roll: They're reliable motors that make good torque for their size...and the best thing about it is there's no conversion needed. My last setup was running Dana 44's with 5.38's and 37" SSR's. It had more than enough power to handle anything at Gulches that I pointed it at...even made it through Papa Gulch a time or two before I put the Jeep on stands in the shop. I drove it to work with the same setup when I lived in Atlanta for around a year before I moved back to SC and got a state truck to drive home.

Obviously a swap/conversion/V8 all sounds good...but is it really worth it for your needs?
I've made alot of people look stupid with my 2.5 in the past. I didn't even spin a tire on V-notch right in front of the brand new Coleworx Equalizer at RBD 2012. He tryed to crawl it, but it wasn't happening. I've made it up a ton of big name trails last year with the little ol' 4 cylinder. Haters gon' Hate!

Dont get me wrong I really want some WOOOPOW, but it will be in a totally differant rig.

2.5l ftw! I've always liked mine, I used to drive from upstate to charleston with it a couple times a month and it would be the pace car on 26 a lot of times although rev'd up. These motors like to be rev'd and they'll do fine I think. I tried to be as light as I could weight wise at all times, which you can tell a lot of difference when the back seat was in and was out. Check out 4bangerjp.com those guys love this motor and have all kinds of builds with them.

I say scoop a used 2.5 from a wrecked Tj and spend the money elsewhere now until you can piece a motor swap together and have it waiting to throw in.