2013 Trails?

They were sick at Shamrock run when we went. I **** in the woods if that tells you anything... I may be in for memorial day this year if I can work it out. Whats the plan??

I can't make that trip but I can make any other weekend that's why I was saying lets go on Memorial Day.
we may move it depending on who all is going. if its just the regulars that plan on going I'm sure we can move it, but if people in the club that live far away are going home for summer then we have to do it first weekend out of classes so that they can head home after

Morris Mountain June 14-16?
That is fathers day weekend. Don't think we can go wheeling that weekend, though.

More importantly, I've crossed off two from my list. I FINALLY wheeled Beasley Knob and also went to Pretince Cooper. Beasley was awesome and I definitely want to go back. Had a ton of fun. Pretince was pretty useless. There was one muddy section but it was epic fail because there were giant pieces of steel in there. Slashed a number of peoples tires. If I still had the Subaru STI the rest of the trails would've been epic win.

Looks like Windrock for me next month. The Cove in August. I'm extremely looking forward to both of those.

That is fathers day weekend. Don't think we can go wheeling that weekend, though.

More importantly, I've crossed off two from my list. I FINALLY wheeled Beasley Knob and also went to Pretince Cooper. Beasley was awesome and I definitely want to go back. Had a ton of fun. Pretince was pretty useless. There was one muddy section but it was epic fail because there were giant pieces of steel in there. Slashed a number of peoples tires. If I still had the Subaru STI the rest of the trails would've been epic win.

Looks like Windrock for me next month. The Cove in August. I'm extremely looking forward to both of those.
was there anything hardcroe at beasley? how much of it? What were you riding in there? Also what are your windrock and cove dates?

was there anything hardcroe at beasley? how much of it? What were you riding in there? Also what are your windrock and cove dates?
There was only one real rough spot. Rest of it was easy. A stock/lightly modded smaller vehicle (Jeeps, rovers, other smaller SUVs) can run most of it in the dry. If you have something on, say, 35" tires I wouldn't waste your time.

In the wet, that place gets closed. The terrain is pretty steep. On one climb, it was too muddy and I had to get pulled.

Dates on the others haven't been solidified. Windrock will be a scouting trip so that may or may not be any good. Don't know a thing about the Cove.

So I've been pretty good about wheeling this year. First time in a long time! Of course I just scrubbed down the rover this weekend. Its all purdy and shiny...not really enthusiastic about getting it nasty again.

Adventure Off Road Park to my list for this year. Its close and looks like a great place. Going to try and hit that up before too long.

Also later in the year I'd like to make it back out to Choccolocco. Haven't been out there since May of last year.

Lastly I was planning on doing a big off road weekend. Originally I wanted to go west but the 3 day travel and 3 day travel back really eats up the time. So I'm seriously thinking of doing a big east coast loop. Harlan and Wilderness are on that list. Also a few trails in VA then out to OBX. Would be cool to cruise the beaches...what little you can cruise. Maybe also put Croatian on that list as well. I've heard there are some cool tracks in there. Then lastly I need to do some research but there is some sort of loop around GA that is significantly off pavement. Probably all dirt roads but might look at including that. Or maybe try to do part of the TAT in Tennesee. Either way I need to look at installing an ammo can on the front of the rover so I can store all my oil there. Will be nice not to have gear oil in the cab with me.

I was talking to Brad yesterday. It's looking more like I will be local riding until I get back to work. I think were gonna plan a couple of Gulches camping trips when it cools off. Also, probably a trip to the spot they went the other weekend. Maybe even a Durhamtown trip would be feasible.

I'm down for the gulches or other place...id also like to do adventure Offroad park and morris mountain... choccoloco was not to much to do other then really long hill climbs which my difs were hitting so bad on I couldn't make it

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

I'm down for the gulches or other place...id also like to do adventure Offroad park and morris mountain... choccoloco was not to much to do other then really long hill climbs which my difs were hitting so bad on I couldn't make it

Sent from my DROID BIONIC
I'd love to plan a long trip and try to hit Adventure and the Cove in the spring. It will probably be spring before I can justify/swing that though.