2003 TJ Hard Top Rejuvination

My hard top has had dupicolor bedliner on it for going on 3 yrs now. It does fade a little, but that can be solved by wiping it down with armor all every year. I used 5 cans on mine. I only piled it up for texture about a foot back on the front of the roof. Right where trees rub hard. The rest is 2 coats thick. It has a few chips in it from my kids, rocks, ect. Can't beat it though. I used dupicolor on my tube fenders about 4 yrs ago, and they are in great shape, so I know the top will hold up fine!
BTW: bondo works fine, but resin jelly is the proper way to fill fiberglass. I have done both, and resin jelly is bad ***.
No good pics of the bedliner top, just a rear shot.
IMG00192-20101119-1109.jpg

Last edited:
I'll track down some pics.
Resin jelly is just like bondo, it's just a compound of resin and powdered fiberglass. It's easy to work with, and available at any auto parts store.

Finished her up....resin jelly works great but damn it dries fast hahaha....anyway, got it painted and tthe roof rack perm mounted...I like the texture. Rear window will go in on Monday. I Sam letting the bed liner really cure...
uploadfromtaptalk1318708683624.jpg texture....

Whole top ...... uploadfromtaptalk1318708731327.jpg

Rail ends... uploadfromtaptalk1318708756359.jpg

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

did you use the duplicolor rustolium bedliner? I want to see this. Did you paint the rack mounted or separately? get that thing on the jeep!!!

Total used was 3 cans of the duplicolor Bedliner. I mounted the rack rails then sprayed it all. Did the bars seperatly, then after curing a few days I put it all back together. I am going to clean the interior tonight and am waiting on new lift struts as mine were just about shot. Hoping to get the garage clean enough this wekend to install it ;)

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk