06 TJ

Hey all quick question brother-in-laws 06 TJ shifts REALLY hard coming outta 1st under any kinda throttle, from what I understand it started doing it after he used 4L without turning off O/D, any help in figuring out what's wrong would be appreciated

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Hey all quick question brother-in-laws 06 TJ shifts REALLY hard coming outta 1st under any kinda throttle, from what I understand it started doing it after he used 4L without turning off O/D, any help in figuring out what's wrong would be appreciated
If you haven't already, disconnect the battery for 30 seconds or so and let it reset, then see if it still does it. Mine (04, same trans) did something weird leaving windrock a couple years ago and then wouldn't go into overdrive. Disconnected the battery while at cracker barrel and it's never done it again.

I have read a lot about TCM issues with the 05-06 though.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Did resetting it solve the issue?

With it coming up on the warmer season the owner of the 06TJ has asked me to fix his A/C replaced the blower motor (old one was making horrendous screeching noise) and the blower motor resistor (only low worked). Blower sounds as it should but it still only works on low, checked the switch and it looks half melted and the contacts are Damn near black. I can find new switches for everything up to a 04TJ but apparently they changed and I can't seem to find anything for 05-up. Would greatly appreciate some help in this thanks in advanced