Grand Dads Cj5

It's looks really good. I like that you kept the wheels. A little more width would go miles for stability and overall stance. Your only options are wide trac axles or spacers though if you're keeping the rims. I have an extra set of one piece axles I think if u want them let me know.

I don't know what year the split on a CJ 5 was but I know my 81 had the skinny leaf packs. It seems to me that the 7 had the wide springs and the 5's ad skinny springs.

Buuuuuuurrrrrr.....it's cold out. 78 model and the springs are an even 2". The walk to the mail how was worth it. I have the same one for Moab and its some great trail info.
5A45D93E-08DA-4F94-922A-B694BC4C488D.jpg

Yeah those are hard to find. I will actually trade for just the one side that I need and you can sell the other side to help fund the build if it works for you. It will sell. I will pull these shafts and holla one day.

Yeah those are hard to find. I will actually trade for just the one side that I need and you can sell the other side to help fund the build if it works for you. It will sell. I will pull these shafts and holla one day.
You can get them both. Im not interested in the headache of selling one or hanging on to it.

2" front springs and 2.5" rear springs should be on all CJ's 76-up. Holler at me when you get ready to buy these parts, Ill see what I can do about saving you some money.

So here the turn of events this morning. Go to Clemson to pick up the d300. It has the round pattern. Pull in Clemson 4wd and I didn't know Meaders worked there so immediately we get to talk drive train option cause they have Scout 300 with the Texas pattern on the shelf. I say let me make a quick call and I'll find out if it will work. My buddy says it will but I will need the bull gear which he had. Or he will trade me his t18/300 combo that has the 6ish first gear. And to boot he said its a direct bolt in cause the one he has was actually an option in 76. So my cross member will bolt right back up and everything. My 300 for his and I'll pay him for the trans. I think that was a pretty good score.

Joe is good people.
Yeah I was glad to run across Joe. He was very informative today. After looking at the stance of the Jeep, and the condition of the bushings and springs. we decided the springs still looked like they have some life left in them. I picked up a new set of factory front shackles and bushing. The thing about the heavier shackles with bigger bolts I was going to have to run thinner bushing. While it already rides like a 70's KOH rig I didn't wanna lose any ride quality. The hardware looks like its ready for years of use and I can toss the stockers in the tool bag for spares. Also picked up a new windshield frame gasket. Mine was in terrible shape and leaked when it rained. I have a feeling Ill have to address some rust once I take the windshield frame off to replace the gasket. Before any of thing else is addressed a new steering stabilizer is going on this death trap. Im literally wore out from going to Clemson by Townville and back. I cringe when I hit bumps in the road at high speed meeting big trucks. Its stock so It has to be the major culprit because the rest of the steering is new. My wife dad spent a ton on it. I think the stabilizer was his only issue.