New Offoard Park in the Upstate?

Thanks mcannon111 for checking out our shirts! Hook us up & buy some :)
We'll keep folks posted on the Hwy 11 opening & any rides to come on our facebook page. We'll also try to post something here too.

Last edited:
Keep us posted. If extra help is need, please ask. My XJ is not even 4x4 yet, but we all need more places to ride.

We went and did Horsepasture as a Saturday drive in the wife's 03 Explorer, can't get the XJ finished fast enough for either of us. But it was sad, too. Too much has closed. Driving around Saturday, I remembered when Horsepasture was wide open, and and Bear Creek and the Auger Hole trail were a Forest Service Road off Frozen Creek road in Rosman. Glassy Mountain was still open, and there were trails in Old Fort, even Columbus.

I have not seem them in person yet, but I wonder if the pipes on Bear Creek road were two steel I-Beams I drove my CJ-5 across over 20 years ago.

I'm ready to check this place out. Harlan got me in the wheelin mood again. Just got a couple minor things to do and the buggy is ready to ride again.

Good news y'all, there will be another ride at the hwy 11/ 500 acres on Dec. 1st from 9 until 4. It will require a $20 per rig donation and $5 per passenger. Tell everone one you know, we need to show the owner that we are very interested in a club or park to be open. Thanks!

From Facespace.

And i'll be out of freakin town. Going to Columbia for a concert and staying that night. Won't be back probably till' lunch. That blows goats. Wish they would do it Sunday.

Good news y'all, there will be another ride at the hwy 11/ 500 acres on Dec. 1st from 9 until 4. It will require a $20 per rig donation and $5 per passenger. Tell everone one you know, we need to show the owner that we are very interested in a club or park to be open. Thanks!

From Facespace.

I have no problem supporting a new park, might be able to round up 1-2 more rigs with enough notice. How do I find out more?

dang it. I was suppose to be going to Uwharrie that weekend. Is there any chance there'll be more of these rides. I really want to go but have made a commitment for Uwharrie that weekend.