#2, The B Team

HaHa. Dang Dale, you seem to be lurking around the Jeep world again. I know what that means!!! Can't wait to see it.

As far as page #4. I decided to just get it out of my driveway for a while instead. Out of sight, out of mind. Now that I have a child, I completely understand why you sold your Jeep. Its impossible to work on it and not pay the price.

email this posting to a friend greenville craigslist > for sale / wanted > barter

ads not by this site

please flag with care: [?]

miscategorized
prohibited
spam/overpost
best of craigslist

ads not by this site

Avoid scams and fraud by dealing locally! Beware any deal involving Western Union, Moneygram, wire transfer, cashier check, money order, shipping, escrow, or any promise of transaction protection/certification/guarantee. More info

CJ7 Blue Levis CJ7 Doors Bikini Top - $150 (Taylors)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2012-09-05, 11:26AM EDT

Reply to: see below

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blue Snap on soft doors and bikini top , i do not have the frames these are the skins that snap on
$150 obo open to trades
text 864-979-6563

Key Words : CJ CJ5 CJ7 Jeep offroad mud buggy tube buggy mudder 4x4 dana44 axle lifted 258 inline six super swamper

•it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
PostingID: 3251577123

No contact info? if the poster didn't include a phone number, email, or
other contact info, craigslist can notify them via email.

ads not by this site
Copyright © 2012 craigslist, inc.
terms of use
privacy policy
feedback forum

email this posting to a friend greenville craigslist > for sale / wanted > barter

ads not by this site

please flag with care: [?]

miscategorized
prohibited
spam/overpost
best of craigslist

ads not by this site

Avoid scams and fraud by dealing locally! Beware any deal involving Western Union, Moneygram, wire transfer, cashier check, money order, shipping, escrow, or any promise of transaction protection/certification/guarantee. More info

CJ7 Blue Levis CJ7 Doors Bikini Top - $150 (Taylors)

Date: 2012-09-05, 11:26AM EDT

Reply to: see below

Blue Snap on soft doors and bikini top , i do not have the frames these are the skins that snap on
$150 obo open to trades
text 864-979-6563

Key Words : CJ CJ5 CJ7 Jeep offroad mud buggy tube buggy mudder 4x4 dana44 axle lifted 258 inline six super swamper

•it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
PostingID: 3251577123

No contact info? if the poster didn't include a phone number, email, or
other contact info, craigslist can notify them via email.

ads not by this site
Copyright © 2012 craigslist, inc.
terms of use
privacy policy
feedback forum
Cj5 not 7

I found a set of narrow track axles in full working condition with fairly new brakes and springs for $100 yesterday. I have started doing minor body work on the hood, grill and windshield frame. All I need is a motor and this thing is ready to be put together. We decided we are going to fire this one and see what she does. We'll see.

This project is not dead. I am installing the other axles this weekend to return it to spring under. The frame, motor and tranny have all been cleaned and the motor is ready for rebuild. Just taking baby steps here. I'm walking here, I'm walking here! Here's a crappy pic. Well it wont let me post the dang pic

Attachments

Lookin good bro. Hate you have the flu. I had it last week. That stuff is no bueno. When is the chrima partay?? I need to know these things....

I picked up the axles today and got them home for some serious cleaning. They are full of chocolate milk and fudge sundaes but still better off than the junk under there now. They also have Warn selectable hubs where the front axle under it now has nothing(unit bearings? IDK) These are from a 79 so still narrow trac. I also installed a new water pump and picked up a few more engine parts and fluids. I didnt take any axle pics yet but will.
Ninety Six-20121222-00659.jpg

I went through the rear 20 and cleaned it inside and out. It seems to be in decent shape except for a couple small deals and the brakes are totally shot. The previous owner had painted the whole axle in rubberized undercoating or something like that. I had to chisel it all off. I didnt realize that there were 2 different brake size options for CJ's but this one has smaller drums, pads etc...then the spring over 20 that came with it when I picked it up.
Rear 20.jpg
Tonight I got it under the rear of the Jeep although I am going to order all new shackles tomorrow. I didnt want to have to replace anything that I didnt really need to but these are just trash. They are bent, pitted, siezed and the bushings are petrified. It sits so much lower now that it is spring under. I will probably just add a leaf down the road when I get the 33's that are planned for it. 33x12.50 BFG AT on White 10" wheels.
IMG-20130115-00705.jpg
My dad rebuilt the Carb. Old:
Carb.jpg
Rebuilt:
carb2.jpg
I have not gone through the front 30 yet but my dad did throw some black paint on it because he cant have something that dirty and rusty in his garage. Looks like he even sand blasted the calipers knowing that they are siezed.
front30.jpg
Just making small progress here and there. This is a fun little project.

OK, I think you already answered one of my questions. Your not working on this at your place? Was wondering how you had it inside.

Next, what did you paint that rear axle with? Spray bomb? Looks really good in the pics.

I'm so ready to do my Camaro like this at some point in life. Then an old 4x4. In due time....

Very impressed with how clean and nice you are getting this thing. Gonna be one nice mochine when your finished.

Thanks Harvard. Its at my Folks house in their garage. My mom thanks me every day for it too! She says my Dad has something to do all the time now and isnt always a crab. I didnt see it working out like that! I work on it with him every Tuesday after work as the keep my little one on that day. I used paint scrapers on the axle to get all the undercoating off then hand sanded it for a couple hours. Thats flat black rustoleum but my dad insist on repainting it with Semi-Gloss black because he says thats how they came from the factory. Nothing on the frame or axles are finish painted yet. Just cleaned up a bit for now. I still have to weld a new crossmember in the rear and there is a scetchy spot up front. It's fishplated at the front. I guess it was hit although I feel like I have seen the same fishplate on other Jeeps. I'm gonna check it out.

I see where you get your OCD from nick. Looking good, going to be a cool rig when y'all finish.

Always wanted to restore a wagoneer with my dad but have a few tractors that are ahead of it once time and room allows.

Wire brush on a power drill and hand sanding. The wire brush was the ticket.

We are pulling the tranny and Tcase out next to inspect and replace clutch kit.
did you use purple power or something on it afterwords to clean it after most of the big gunk was gone?

did you use purple power or something on it afterwords to clean it after most of the big gunk was gone?
The motor or the case/tranny? The motor was down to the metal after wire brushing it so I just hosed it off and wiped it dry. I maybe could have wiped it with super clean but didnt think of it. The trany, skid and case were cleaned with purple power several times after scraping all the gunk off. I have some cast block paint for them as well.