Project: Unknown

Enough of the unilink and other BS. Im not running a 1 link or a wishbone 3 in the rear.

I've been messing with the 4-link calculator for awhile and finally got the damn thing to work on my computer. I've been reading a couple threads on pirate to figure some ish out and see what i can come up with, but honestly, at the end of the day, i'm going to try and make it fit and look as what i've seen in the past. I just ordered 6 - 3/4 heims misaligned to 9/16 to match the 9/16 bolts im using in the lowers from ruff stuff. Im home for a couple days because im getting my wisdom teeth out tomorrow so i'll have a couple days out of commission and become a wiz on interweb 4links, It will also give me a chance to take some numbers from my Jeep.

What numbers should i shoot for on the calc for:
Anti-squat:
Roll-center:
Roll-center angle:
any others im missing?

I'm looking for about 20" at the frame and running a 12" shock with 4 or 5 up in the front, and 6 up in the rear hopefully. Need to order my ford shock towers for front and rear.

Kustjust run the 10"shock in the front, any more than that and your coil will be unseating and your front driveshact will be binding... ask me how I know...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Kustjust run the 10"shock in the front, any more than that and your coil will be unseating and your front driveshact will be binding... ask me how I know...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
Ya i had thought about that, but ive seen where people have moved the coil mount up an 1-1.5" to run a longer coil with less lift and less coil unseating, as well as a ford f250 tower to run a longer shock. Wouldn't be to much more work i wouldnt think and feel like in theory it will work, i'm looking into it more though. Being home with the jeep its a lot easier to visualize how things will work and fit. I need to rent/borrow some torches or a plasma for a day to make quick work of the stock mounts and then begin the process of prepping the frame.

Still need to figure out something with a tracbar/panhard for the front and get some metal for truss's front/rear. Running my upper on the driver side, axle has the upper on the passenger side but it's to cramped there to fit an upper with the exhaust and starter right there.

its a pain in the *** to cut off all the stock front brackets, why not just run it? you need to work smarter not harder. You keep having these grand plans but nothing gets done, keep it simple. Why do you need longer coils when you coudl run shorter coils and be fine? you will have plenty of flex and you can run some 2" lift coils that are soft.

Im just looking at the possibility of it at some point, the rear is getting moved anyway. Ive got stock TJ's for the rear and throw in probably the ZJ on the front or another set i have that are a little stiffer. I do like to make things harder on myself and over think things.

If i feel up to it this weekend i'll cut the rear stock stuff off and tack the mounts up there and cycle the suspension, after shorting the longer arms down to 27". I set the axles tonight where i want them i think i just need to double check my measurements.

Been playing with this Calc for a little while and i think i'm getting close to what i want. Take a look and see what you think. 4link revised oct21.jpg

Just incase that doesnt upload big enough look here
4linkrevisedoct21.png

antisquat: 79%
Roll center height: 29in
Roll center Angle: 2

Attachments

Last edited:
your uppers on the axle will probably be in front of your axle centerline. Not sure if that changes anything.

and where did you get your CG hight?

Oops i just fiddled with it some more and changed the CG to 32" and axle centerline to 2" and it changed my Anti squat to 90%.

I was looking at a few builds on JF and saw gtxracer and hendrix posted their numbers and i tried to relate mine to that. Im going to lower the jeep down to 20" to frame sometime and try and measure the top of the bellhousing from there as i'm told thats the best place to figure for COG.

Got my Heims in today from ruff stuff. Went with 3/4 for my 2 rear uppers and 1 up front. Seem to be pretty stout. Came with 1.5 tube adapters and misalignment spacers to use a 9/16 bolt which is what my lowers use. Now just gotta figure out what lengths I need for my uppers and I should be good ready to roll.

Attachments

Ya me too. It's still got a long ways to go but any progress is progress. I'm borrowing some torches to use this weekend to cut the frame brackets off and get to prepping it. hope to be able to be able to cycle it all this weekend so I can't bring the axles up for final welding next week.

Marcus was telling of a place in Greenville that has cheap steel but I don't know the name. I'm looking to get some steel for truss front/rear. Anyone have any suggestions for reasonably priced metal in Gvl/Clemson/Gwd area? Trying to pick some up in the next few days

Get with Dean about that place. Somethin about they sell it by the pound no mater what it is or somethin? He can explain better. You can call the guy and see what kinda stuff he's got on hand also.

Hell ya. Thanks I'll try and see whats up today when I get out and try and run up there this afternoon.

Anyone have the link for the 3 link calculator on hand? I couldn't seem to find it last night when I looked for it then my Internet stopped working on me.