WTB: Sterling 10.5

Ronnie-dont worry, the thought already crossed my mind. 14bolt would be a good piece of mind. haha.

Thanks guys for the help. I local parts yard said they have a few, going tomorrow to check em out and hopefully one will be useable.

Thanks for the link ronnie. I saw that when i first found the carnage. I was gonna pick it up but he was out of town till next week. I ended up getting one from Reeds in Easley. Put it in Friday afternoon, but ran into a bunch of issues. I gave them the tag number of my axle and they said they had a match so i didn't think twice about it. After installing it and getting all the normal junkyard axle issues sorted out, I discovered that the yoke was too small. So being that it was midnight and i was completely frustrated with what was suppose to be a simple axle swap, i had a blonde moment and swapped yokes. Drove home (about an hour) with no problems but checked the pinion and it felt excessively hot. Any body have an idea of how bad i may have messed up being that its a crush sleeve axle?

Yeah, after i pulled it off... i thought about it and realized i f"ed up. But being an hour from home i had to put it on and make it home.

Any advice? return it and pull another axle (with the right yoke this time) or is it possible to put a new crush sleeve in to the proper torque specs?