Windrock Trip May 5th to 7th

So the end of the year is winding down and what better way to end it than with some good wheeling and camping. We will be heading to Windrock (Coal Creek OHV) in Oliver Springs TN. We will be leaving Saturday morning, May 5th, at 9 AM from BILO. We will be camping in Windrock Park, which for those of you who havent been it is the campsite right next to the park, an access trail runs out the back of it http://www.windrockpark.com/. The club will be covering the cost of camping, so you only have to pay trail fees. it is $17 a day or $33 for a two day pass and that is per person, riders and drivers. If we can get a definite count of atleast 6 rigs I can go ahead and call up there and try to get a discount for the group but I can't do that for just 4 rigs. Windrock is a blast, there are a ton of trails for big and small rigs and we plan on running them all! If you guys want to see some recent pictures a group posted some in the trail rides section from not to long ago.

Heres who I got so far from the meeting (We had a very small turn out) please post up soon if you plan on riding or driving!

Driving
Ronnie
Joey
Casey
Scott
Gilbert/Chad
Jon maybe
Michael

Riding
Elise
Megan
Hunter

Heres a few pics from last year to spark some interest!

Last edited:
I like to imagine your yeehawing real loud in that picture. Wish the waterfall would have had water in it like that when we went.

I'd love to go but I'm not going back until I have my jeep running. Y'all have a good time though.

I like to imagine your yeehawing real loud in that picture. Wish the waterfall would have had water in it like that when we went.

I'd love to go but I'm not going back until I have my jeep running. Y'all have a good time though.
Dang man you should try and tag along. Paul said hed pull a double trailer if we can find one with that fancy new F350 he got. I'm excited about the trip. Jeep needs a ton of work but I will get it done before exams are over.

Lame! I got no books to sell anymore. But i think im pretty set to go. Just load the jeep with tools and spare parts. Haven't figured out my tranny issue yet but maybe it'll be fine after alittle fluid. I guess ill see how she does. Pretty stoked about the trip!

Me to Casey! Its gonna be a freaking blast. I wish some more guys from the state could make it but I feel yall on going to Chocolocco.

GUYS REMEMBER IT WILL BE $33 A PERSON. Drivers AND riders. That is for the two day pass. I called up there and asked about group or student discounts and they said they wont do anything. I also called saying we will only be there half the day Saturday and half the day Monday, and the lady said you would have to pay for a 3 day pass for the 3 days. She said she agrees we should be able to use a 2 day for that but they havent implemented a system to keep track. I personally don't think I will be paying for Monday so I will try to work out something, I really wish I had a way to contact the owner or active management and tell him our situation as a student organization but I have not been able to find that contact info.

But in short, remember it is going to be atleast $33 a person. A 3 day pass if you choose to buy one is $44. I just don't want a repeat of last year with the riders showing up and having no idea they had to pay.

Me to Casey! Its gonna be a freaking blast. I wish some more guys from the state could make it but I feel yall on going to Chocolocco.

GUYS REMEMBER IT WILL BE $33 A PERSON. Drivers AND riders. That is for the two day pass. I called up there and asked about group or student discounts and they said they wont do anything. I also called saying we will only be there half the day Saturday and half the day Monday, and the lady said you would have to pay for a 3 day pass for the 3 days. She said she agrees we should be able to use a 2 day for that but they havent implemented a system to keep track. I personally don't think I will be paying for Monday so I will try to work out something, I really wish I had a way to contact the owner or active management and tell him our situation as a student organization but I have not been able to find that contact info.

But in short, remember it is going to be atleast $33 a person. A 3 day pass if you choose to buy one is $44. I just don't want a repeat of last year with the riders showing up and having no idea they had to pay.
Even as a driver, i didn't know it would be that much! thats crazy especially for a long trip like that. but yeah my rigs not ready yet. i've got everything i pretty much need i just have to put it all together. I really want to knock it out in a weekend. don't want to break it now! plus im still a little sketched out about getting even a little tippy lol it will be good to go soon though!

I personally don't think I will be paying for Monday so I will try to work out something, I really wish I had a way to contact the owner or active management and tell him our situation as a student organization but I have not been able to find that contact info.
Hit up the guys at ecors. I am sure you can find there contact info on there website. They can probably provide you with some contact info for the people at windrock.

Even as a driver, i didn't know it would be that much! thats crazy especially for a long trip like that. but yeah my rigs not ready yet. i've got everything i pretty much need i just have to put it all together. I really want to knock it out in a weekend. don't want to break it now! plus im still a little sketched out about getting even a little tippy lol it will be good to go soon though!

When you brought the 4 runner we paid 17 a day so it was actually a dollar more haha. Its expensive but windrocks a blast to wheel. I'm hoping I can speak to a manager there and work something out. People are never helpful over the phone it seems.

When you brought the 4 runner we paid 17 a day so it was actually a dollar more haha. Its expensive but windrocks a blast to wheel. I'm hoping I can speak to a manager there and work something out. People are never helpful over the phone it seems.
I had asked a few times when we went, but never got good news.

I had asked a few times when we went, but never got good news.
Yeah I found a thread on some southern UTV forum that was back from 2009. A person posted saying they were the new management and asking for concerns/ideas. The biggest thing was pricing and the freaking rent a cop that eyes you up and down like you are a terrorist. 3 years from now it is still the same so I guess they need to charge that much to maintain the park.

then that's up to the riders, bitch and pay it or bitch and don't go. It would be nice if the pass was a 24hr pass from the time you bought it.