Wheeler / Buggy Insurance

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
I don't remember seeing a thread about this but was wondering what everybody does for insurance on your rigs.

I just called my agent and added my Samurai as a 'classic auto' worth $7,000 to my existing auto policy. It includes liability and comprehensive, no collision. This only works if you have a VIN and it's over a certain age (20-25 years I think)

I also added an 'Aftermarket modifications' rider to the policy on my Jeep to cover an aditional $5,000. I got to thinking if it was stolen or a total loss it would hurt to only get book value...

Last edited:
Possibly look into Haggerty. I had them quote my 109 and they based it off of perceived value and yearly mileage. I'd think that would be the way to go for a 2nd wheeler.

Price was decent, less than my DD (which is a brand new car) and with a value that is above probably what it is worth.

I used to have a stated value policy on my old buggy. It only covered theft. Now I don't have anything as it is locked up in a shop unless it is on the trails.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
I used to have a stated value policy on my old buggy. It only covered theft. Now I don't have anything as it is locked up in a shop unless it is on the trails.
Mine stays in a garage too but more worried about theft from a camping area or overnight stop...

I've got liability and comprehensive on my Jeep. Nothing stated value. I try to avoid theft by adding lots of body damage to make it less desirable to a chop shop. Lol

I might look into some other coverage when I tube it out and it doesn't look like crap. We'll see.