Tv Streamers - apple tv, chromecast, firestick, roku....

We canceled cable about a year ago and honestly don't miss it except around football season when were actually home to be able to watch a game. I currently have a smart blue ray player that i stream netflix, hulu and amazon prime on but i'm looking to get something else that will allow me to watch espn and HGTV for the wifey. My buddy at work recently told me he got a chromecast that he streams the ESPN app off of and that its nice. Anyone have any input or experience?

I think I am gonna do a week trial of slingtv here soon. I just paid two months of cable today because I forgot to pay it last week...oops... and it made me have a big WTF moment. If there was a way to get Fox Sports channels and SEC network I would have pulled the plug a long time ago. I feel like I will miss the Fox Sports channels dearly. But it would save me about $60/ month.

Looks like they have added the SEC network. May be pulling the plug sooner than anticipated. Cable is paid up until next month so I won't get in a hurry just yet.

Im rocking Rukus.. Dont get hoodooed if you go and buy one at walmart. They are sometimes selling the old model.

I have a stick in my living room and a Ruku 2 in my bedroom.

Im rocking the WatchESPN app on ruku with my parents TWC login. Got every thing but the SEC network (TWC doesn't have it yet).

@ $25/mo. it's worth it to keep sling to me. I am gonna find out for sure next month. I paid my cable thru the next month already...

Currently running Amazon Prime fire box on my TV. Works well. Good GUI and easy to use. They've definitely improved it over the past year as I've noticed a number of updates.

The shows I'm watching right now are primarily on Netflix. Seems like Netflix has the best selection out of all of them. I use that, then youtube, and then Pandora. Pandora is clutch for working around the house and I hit the "watch later" button on many youtube videos. Then watch them on the TV. Its quite nice sitting there on the couch watching a Warn 8274 teardown video vs. my phone. I do the same. When I'm on Amazon on my computer, I see what is new and then set it to my watchlist.

For amazon prime, what they offer is right there. Pandora, Netflix, and Youtube are all "apps" so you gotta go into the app then get to where you are going. Also HBO Go is on there but I don't use it.

Only issue is watch out for data caps. When the gf was home for 2 weeks with nothing to do, we hit the 300gb limit REAL quick. It seems like data caps happen in some places and not in others. Its weird. All I know is I have one and gotta watch out for it.

I'm planning on getting a chromecast soon. Mainly for when I travel for work so I can watch something I actually want to watch. For home, it would be nice to link to the computer to run ESPN3 or other

I took some advice and got the trial of slingtv to try out. It was nice watching game day but I had to stream ABC for the game off of ESPN. May keep it for a month and probably cancel it.

through slingtv you can get a roku for half off I saw. Still debating that route or appletv.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't have one. I'd think so though. Father in law has one were suppose to grab, but it's currently in his flooded basement on lake Murray.

I'll likely get a digital converter and appletv. It's gone down in price and having an iPhone i like being able to view pics and all from my phone to the tv.

I was able to watch the Clemson game on the ESPN app on the amazon fire TV. The commercials were annoying and I couldn't pause the game. But other than that, it worked.

Do your parents have cable, directtv, or whatever else? If they do then I'm pretty sure you can use their account to watch espn, fox sports, etc. Also if they have HBO, you can use there account to watch HBOGO & Cinemax Go apps.

I have a chromecast and it works pretty good. Really nice to control it from your phone or computer rather than having to use another remote. They just came out with a new chromecast that is supposed to have a higher quality of streaming than the last one. Of course you have to have the internet to support HD streaming which is a whole another animal haha

We've got crap AT&T currently for Internet that we'd had in Atlanta with u-verse. The part of town I live in doesn't have u-verse yet so we've got something awful that sucks but at the end of the month were going with charter finally, her work pays for that so I'll make sure and get high speed to stream better.

Using my folks password on stuff, will it not detect that I'm not using it there? I've noticed a lot of times trying to stream it asks for your cable provider and won't ever let me use it bc it can detect it.

Not sure on that one but my buddy was streaming the game on his phone Saturday night when the satellite would go out via his direct tv app.

We've got crap AT&T currently for Internet that we'd had in Atlanta with u-verse. The part of town I live in doesn't have u-verse yet so we've got something awful that sucks but at the end of the month were going with charter finally, her work pays for that so I'll make sure and get high speed to stream better.

Using my folks password on stuff, will it not detect that I'm not using it there? I've noticed a lot of times trying to stream it asks for your cable provider and won't ever let me use it bc it can detect it.

I use my parents hbo go and fox sports stuff in Clemson all the time with no issues.