Tailgate seal from TJ tailgate

So....I RTVed my seal to my soft top ridged piece and it works great for my soft top and duster, but with the hardtop now I'm missing something.

Anyone that doesnt run a top have that piece? Its rubber and it can clip on the tailgate or on the bar that attaches to the rear window of a soft top.

Got a pic of it?
Its the rubber seal that goes on the metal bar on the bottom of your soft top window. From looking around it seems like they are usually not on the tailgate, but I know on Larrys new wrangler its on the tailgate. I'm thinking I may be able to just pick up some automotive weatherstipping and use it on the tailgate. The piece I'm looking for clips on the top of the tailgate and its about 36" long.

its the black rubber seal attached to the bar that goes above the tailgate in this pic.

bestop-tailgatebar-lg.jpg

evidently you can clip it to that bar, or to the tailgate.

The bottom of your hardtop glass has its own seal on it.
yeah, it does. But I'm chasing a rattle in the back glass. When I'm going down a ruff road I can hear my back glass chattering. I dont think thats normal. The back glass has its own seal, but it just seems like something is missing. When I was near Larrys LJ a few weeks back I put his tailgate seal on my tailgate and it seemed to really seal up well.

Is there something I'm doing wrong with the glass? I just shut the glass then shut the tailgate? all this hardtop stuff is new to me.

How did you put Larrys tailgate seal on your tailgate with the hardtop? what kind of seal does he have? The soft top window retaining bar with seal doesnt get used with a hardtop. Are you still running the retaining channel brackets on either side of the tub with the hardtop? Is that where the rattles are coming from?

When I bought my jeep the seal was attached to the top of the tailgate, instead of the tailgate bar. And larry's is the same way. I just pulled the seal off the tailgate of his and put it on mine.

I'm not running the retaining channel brackets with the hardtop.

Do you have a picture of this. That is strange for both of your jeeps to have the seal attach to the top of the tailgate.
When I got my jeep it was on the tailgate, but thought it was supposed to go on the soft top bar after seeing a few guys jeeps at clemson. So I moved it to my soft top bar. But it was a bit streched out from being mounted on my tailgate, so it would come off sometimes when I pulled stuff out of the jeep through the rear tailgate. So I RTVed it to my rear soft top bar.

From the looks of it online, and from what you are saying I should not need it on my tailgate for the hardtop. But if thats the case, I have some other problem thats causing my rear glass to rattle.