Steve97tj

Not running the 8.8 anymore, Elocker 8 for me boys. My 44 was sold to a fella in NC sunday. I wanted to run 6 lug and kind of fell into a deal on the elocker rear which will get me 6 lug and a selectable locker, which is what i've wanted after seeing brooks ARB. Brackets are on the way for the 8.8 that are gonna get burned on and sold to some fella in NC. I've got the money to do the rear just need to order brckets and DOM and start grinding and welding away. Gears will be a concern when i get the axles in and rolling but plan on running 5.29/5.38.
I personally wouldnt run yota stuff under my rig, but Im just a little Jeep biased :grin:. I think its gonna be pretty sweet to look under a TJ and see a yota axle. If you bring it down to clemson and need help let me know man.

I personally wouldnt run yota stuff under my rig, but Im just a little Jeep biased :grin:. I think its gonna be pretty sweet to look under a TJ and see a yota axle. If you bring it down to clemson and need help let me know man.
Pppppffff...that will be the best thing to ever happen to that jeep. :p

Ya i know i'll get **** from both toyota and jeep folks, but im truly a fan of both and dont think i'll be breaking the rear with how hard i see people beating on the toy axles. I plan on getting my rear in and my front rebuilt and bring it up to clemson beginning of summer hopefully and get my front in one weekend. It sucks that it's getting stripped and built in my barn, i lined the floor with plywood to get a solid surface, but ive had to work in the mud and water the past few times ive had time to work on it. Its the only covered place i have at the moment, may look into a garage down the street from my house in clemson this summer, just dont want to get raped by how much they cost, but it would save on driving home. Was wanting to run a doubler but i'm gonna hold out for now because that would be another expense that i could put towards something else. Not trying to rush it, and have gotten so used to not driving it that its not that big of a deal to me having it down. Ive honestly debated parting it or selling the whole thing so many times but i know id regret it.

Matt i'll hit you up when i need some gears tho fo sho.

sell it to Casey and SAS the Yota:grinpimp:
That crossed my mind the other day actually, BUT i could never see someone else driving my Jeep.

My neighbor has a solid rust free 82 toyota 2wd im considering picking up for cheap (may trade a lawn mower for) to cruise and save on gas since my taco's averaging 14mpg and its been adding up really fast lately. Id SAS it later on down the road, I like my IFS taco to much to cut it out.

Im not sure, gonna figure that out when i get time. Took the bars off the top of my topper to see if that will do anything, prob gonna take the topper off when i get a chance too. Ive been wanting a moped anyways since i only just drive from my house to school a couple times a day, but another yota would be cheaper and more fun in the long run.

Ah makes since. I havent fully gotten them off. I took it off because i need to replace the struts and stuff on it, and needed my vise grips that held the struts up. Thinking of selling it and putting a softtopper on it, seem to be a lot more useable and accessable.

Havent really done much on the TJ lately except take the axles completely out of it, sold the rear and have the front for sale. Have the front 44 for it already need to get it cleaned up and rebuilt. Picking up a isuzu 44 for the rear when i get time to go to charlotte, 6 lug disc and supposively beefier then most 44s. Gonna run thick 5.13s so i dont have to replace the carriers in both of the axles. Isuzu ran thick gears so they wouldnt have a carrier break. Traded my prp's for a set of fabric corbeau's, vinyl in an open top jeep was hot during summer and cold during winter. Picked up a set of fox 2.0 16 air shocks for the rear and looking for a set of 2.5 14" for the front. Plan to run stock swaybar on the front and an explorer in the rear, talked to a guy with pretty much same set up that DD's his with shortened 60/14 and says he loves it and never had a problem. Had a deal on material for all my links with johnys/nuts/inserts but ended up not being able to make it to NC to get it and he sold it. Looking at barnes4wd kit for there 3 link and 4 link so all ill need is DOM for links, only reason id consider is for the ease of it and its complete. Going to be a lot slower going then i hoped but i'll be happier with it in the end.

Elocker rear i got is going in the taco with either 4.56 or 4.88s prob this summer, may be running around with only 2wd for a little bit until i can afford to replace the whole clamshell in the front from eastcoastgear. Wanna build a rear bumper soon with a hitch in it and that wraps around the side to protect it, ive busted out two taillights since ive owned it. Probably going to bedline the bottom half of it too, since i have some nice scratches on it.