Spongy brakes

My brakes have been not the best since I have owned my jeep. Last year I did an 8.8 swap with disk brakes so I should have better brakes then stock. However they are worse. Now when I have to lock down, they are very weak. I bled the brakes when I did the swap. I am trying to get some opinions on what might be the cause instead of throwing a bunch of money at it and hoping to fix it that way.

I have had tons of brake trouble in the past. Try putting a residual valve on the rear line and see if that will fix it. Or you may need to add a manual proportioning valve. I don't know much about the 8.8 swap though but the disc def. will require a different pressure than your drums did.

if you are still running the stock master cylinder for drum brakes, it may not be able to supply the volume of fluid need for the calipers, resulting in a low pedal

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

I really think you have air in your system somewhere or a leaking line. The stock brake master cylinder on mine will lock up the brakes with proportioning that is way off. Also my pedal is about as stiff as the pole pitching a tent.

Finally found the problem, well, problems. One of the calipers on the 8.8 couldnt be bled because the screw was stuck and stripped. So I got a new caliper. That didnt fix it all the way, so i found on pirate how to take the o ring off of the proportioning valve and they work great