Rough country long arm upgrade

I like the current height, I am not going any higher, but wouldnt the long arms improve the angle. As for steering i have a dropped pitman arm coming in soon that should fix the steering.

Sent from my SGP311 using Tapatalk

The Nitro shocks are why you have a horrible ride. at 3" lift height your ruff ride is not coming from the steep control arm angle, its coming from your crappy shocks. Put some Old man Emu shocks, or other high quality shock on it and you will forget about needing long arms.

Marcus's shocks would actually probably work pretty well for you, cause you and him are about at the same height from what it sounds.

In all seriousness I probably have under a grand in my suspension front and rear. When i built it I had minimal amounts of cash and everything was collected on a tight tight tight budget. That's just to show that doin it right aint gotta be expensive.

Also do you have after market control arms on your jeep? If you have a grand to spend i'd say wrap the jeep with quality short control arms, new shocks, and lower it down to a 2.5 inch lift and you will be fine. You shouldn't need a drop pitman arm either with that set up.

What shape are they in? I think also my rear shocks are shot, my current ones are too short so they have been used as limit straps several times

What shape are they in? I think also my rear shocks are shot, my current ones are too short so they have been used as limit straps several times

Your shocks will always be used as limit straps unless you have actual limit straps or something is binding in your suspension

well im to lazy to read every comment but i skimmed threw it...i know alot of people that have had RC long arm kits...i have worked on alot of them..what brooks was saying is spot on.. I have sent muti kits back because the lower arms always bend right where the thread are at the frame mount...Most of the people i know that have had the kit were starting off wheeling and most of them have switched the kit out once they got tired of sending the arms back and breaking the upper control arm bolts..

Realizing its a TJ we are talking about. I have ran the RC radius arms on my XJ for about 3 years now. The flex joints are the only joints that tend to go bad on them, atleast with mine. I have recently replaced them with custom johnny joint ends, Rides a lot better. A buddy of mine has the 4.5" RC long arm kit and seems to like it. It sounds like you are set on the RC and there is nothing wrong with that but with that in mind I would use it as a starter kit like I have but be prepared to alter it down the road. Its not a horrible kit but does have its draw backs just like any shelf bought kit. But with all that said, at your lift hight a good set of short arms paired with a good set of shocks and track bars will do you good. Granted you might not the same amount of travel with long arms but you will get enough. Just my 2 cents