R/C Quadcopter

So my sister sent out my niece's Christmas list, and one of the items was an RC Helicopter. Of course I called it so now I'm trying to figure out what to get her. I've had several of the airhogs type helis in the past, but I really want to get her a quadcopter. Something with full control.

She's about to turn 12 so I think she's up for any of the common toy grade quads. I wanted to know if anyone has any input on which ones are good for a novice flier to start with. Dual rates are a must to let her learn, durable as I'm sure there will be crashing, but something that will be fun to fly as she gets better at it.

So far I've been looking at the Syma X1, Hubsan X4, v959, Heli-Max 1SQ, and couple from UDI to name a few.

There are a ton of options. I'd like to keep it under $100. I like the idea of getting one w/ a camera (I think it would be fun for kids), but most of the reviews indicate the added weight of the camera really hurts the performance.

If anyone has experience with any of these or other inexpensive RTF quadcopters, post up and help go in the right direction.

Thanks

Just keep in mind, those propellers are spinning really fast and can be quite dangerous !

I WILL build one of these at some point....

have you seen this one? It has an auto level and different flying levels.

http://www.rpphobby.com/product_p/tra6608.htm
I was really digging that one until I checked the price. In my search I found the performance and options seem to jump a good bit when you move into the $120-$150+ range, but that's more than I'd like to spend. If next year rolls around and she's still digging flying and wanted an upgrade I could get together with my siblings and get her something really nice. This being a first jump into flight I want to keep the cost down.

T, I do like the ones with guards around the blades (more for saving my sister's walls than people fingers). A couple of the options I've looked at have a guard either included, or and optional add-on. That won't be the deciding factor though.

I decided all the extra adjustments and such were probably too complicated for her and I didn't want them to have to do too much work to get it flying. I also had to think about the remote as my niece is pretty small, so a regular remote for an adult might be too large.

Based on those and items and several reviews I ordered the RC logger Eye One. The copter has 3 modes and the reviews indicate it is very stable and docile in the Beginner mode. The remote looks like a Playstation control so she shouldn't have any trouble using it. No flips for the standard model, but the videos I've seen in Sport and Expert mode, the thing hauls. If it turns out good I will probably be getting myself their new Eye one Extreme early next year.