Phone screen replacement galaxy S3

Anyone had a screen replaced on their phone, cracked mine friday. I've seen some youtube vids of people doing just the screen itself without replacing the digitizer underneath it. I have heard some shops will only replace the screen with a new digitizer together.

I did one of the DIY kits for replacing my Iphone 4s screen. I'm not sure about the samsung's screen and replacement options but i wouldn't replace mine again. I bought all my stuff through a website called icracked.com and after fudging the first screen i got on install, the 2nd one only lasted a few months until it started glitching from crappy quality. The picture was never as good as OEM. I ended up using my insurance for a replacement phone, was an expensive booboo but lesson learned.

The digitizer is the Clear Glass on top you touch. The LCD is under the Digitizer, A Digitizer is usually all you need to replace.
gotcha, I was just going by comments on some of the youtube vids. phone seems to work fine. No one mentions about gluing the replacement screen back onto the LCD like it was before just using the remaining left over glue around the perimeter.

i bought a replacement screen off fleabay after cracking the one on my Cassio G'zone (supposed to be bulletproof... fail)... It looked oem and even had the Verizon logo on it... i did everything the instructions said to no avail.. new screen looked pretty but did not work... also did the insurance replacement, but just stated that my screen "quit working".. lol. but check locally there are some shops in G-ville that do this and do very good jobs at it.. im sure some are in cola as well...

It dropped 1.5' to concrete. I guess it landed just right and shattered the top corner. It has fell off a 4' counter several times and been fine. just one of those things.....