Paddling Broad/Congaree River: Diversion Dam to Jordan Landing

https://www.gopaddlesc.com/trips/trail/broad-congaree-river-diversion-dam-to-jordan-landing

Looking to hit this one up before summer ends.

Broad/Congaree River: Diversion Dam to Jordan Landing
Skill Level Skill Level: Moderate
Flow Level: Runnable
Rapids: Class I
Length: 5.5 miles
Duration: 1.5 - 2.5 hours
Portaging: No
What to Expect

You'll paddle through many shoals and islands, under all of the main bridges, and past downtown Columbia's skyline. However, this does not feel like a urban paddle as you float past wooded islands and rocky shoals spider lilies, and encounter osprey and bald eagles.
Access
Put in:
Columbia Canal Diversion Dam
North end of Riverfront Park at Diversion Dam
Access Details
Take out:
Barney Jordan Landing
611 Rosewood Dr, Columbia, SC 29201
Access Details
Trip Details

The trip begins just beneath the Columbia Canal diversion dam, and continues through the confluence with the Saluda River, which forms the Congaree River, right at downtown Columbia. This trip is a fantastic way to quickly get 'away from the city'; even though are you downtown, you'll feel miles away.

This float is great for after work in the summer or an easy but exciting weekend float. Rapids are small, but having someone with paddling experience in your group is suggested for navigating the shoals. The shuttle for this trip is very easy, and you can easily find a good restaurant when you're finished paddling.

At lower flows, deeper channels can be followed by sticking to the river right.

Might be interested in this. I just moved to Lexington a couple weeks ago. I just have a lil sit on top 10’ pelican

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ran this section on Saturday. Its about an 18 minute shuttle, if I were to do it again, I might try to take out at Gervais. It was a fun paddle with some challenges, and a lot of navigating rocks. Fun times.

Might be interested in this. I just moved to Lexington a couple weeks ago. I just have a lil sit on top 10’ pelican

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I had to pound out dents after my last run through rocks. Pelican sit on hulls aren't very thick. I'm just glad the dents were in an area I could reach through an access hatch.