OSCAR Leven?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, for the past 2 weeks we have been going in circles trying to figure out a solution to OSCAR 11. The Putney Campground did not lock in our cabin reservations for the event like I discussed with them last April when I was there. When I called to give the code for everyone to call in and reserve basically all of the cabins were booked already...not by us.

So... We had a few options. We have spent the last weeks looking at other venues, camping, cabins, etc. There isn't a good solution unfortunately as this late in the game for cabins. A solution that we do have on the table right now is to go OG and camp on the Evarts side again this year. There are currently 21 of the 23 sites available. So that is an option.

My main concern in all of this is whether you guys will camp. I know we started this whole event with everyone camping, but I also know cabins and hot tubs has made people soft.

What do yall think?

So, for the past 2 weeks we have been going in circles trying to figure out a solution to OSCAR 11. The Putney Campground did not lock in our cabin reservations for the event like I discussed with them last April when I was there. When I called to give the code for everyone to call in and reserve basically all of the cabins were booked already...not by us.

So... We had a few options. We have spent the last weeks looking at other venues, camping, cabins, etc. There isn't a good solution unfortunately as this late in the game for cabins. A solution that we do have on the table right now is to go OG and camp on the Evarts side again this year. There are currently 21 of the 23 sites available. So that is an option.

My main concern in all of this is whether you guys will camp. I know we started this whole event with everyone camping, but I also know cabins and hot tubs has made people soft.

What do yall think?
Brooks!!!! What did you do! Lol I was looking forward to a cozy cabin with a hot tub! Hahaha

I doubt if I’ll get the wife in a tent…not saying it would keep me from coming. I honestly wouldn’t want to camp at the poop plant though.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
I doubt if I’ll get the wife in a tent…not saying it would keep me from coming. I honestly wouldn’t want to camp at the poop plant though.
If we do this, there will still be some people at Putney. The other Evarts campground has some room just not as much.

There was talk of Windrock and staying at a nearby campground, or also the new park in Harlan and the Cabin Rental Company thats right nearby it. They have a number of cabins available for a reasonable rate.

The question is will the new park be open by April. I really need someone to check in with them. Larry, can you give them a call? I'm in a meeting all afternoon.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
There was talk of Windrock and staying at a nearby campground, or also the new park in Harlan and the Cabin Rental Company thats right nearby it. They have a number of cabins available for a reasonable rate.

The question is will the new park be open by April. I really need someone to check in with them. Larry, can you give them a call? I'm in a meeting all afternoon.
Are you talking about Leatherwood? I thought it was open.

I didn't get to today but can try to call tomorrow.

No definative opening date availble online for Leatherwood. Just "Spring" and "Very soon". I think this late in the game we are almost bound to it being a camping trip for most if not all. River Rock is also something to consider, it sets up well for events and has bath houses. Downsides are camping and very small park. What about Hatfields and McCoy? Is that still open?

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
No definative opening date availble online for Leatherwood. Just "Spring" and "Very soon". I think this late in the game we are almost bound to it being a camping trip for most if not all. River Rock is also something to consider, it sets up well for events and has bath houses. Downsides are camping and very small park. What about Hatfields and McCoy? Is that still open?
There are already several people who had booked cabins in Putney. My preference is we stick with Harlan and stay wherever we can stay.

I grabbed the rv site up by the cabins (18). Theres another RV site and one bunkhouse still open (paging @matth_85 or @VOLT )

Status
Not open for further replies.