Old Tellico CJ5

I got myself a new project Thanks Mike!!

Getting it out of Mike's house

I got to cleaning it out. I am going to work on getting it running and driving. After the rain stops i will bring it outside for a bath.

It did clean up real nice

I did find proof that it was in Tellico :)

The specs as I know right now
304 V8
T18
Dana 20
Dana 30
Mod 20
Power steering

I ordered a HEI for it, some brake lines and a new MC to start.
This weekend I will give it a bath and start pulling tires off and look at the brakes and then empty the diffs to see what gears i have

Another awesome find were these rubber mats. They were upside down in the Jeep. They will be cleaned and proudly displayed :)

Working on this 79 CJ5 and i am going through the electrical since I am waiting for parts to finish up the knuckles. I pulled the engine harness and disconnected it from the firewall. UGH the connections inside that junction was so nasty. I am guessing it was old dielectric grease or the compound that was supposed to weather proof the connector leaked inside and made a nasty cosmoline like mess.

So after like 500 Q-tips, some acetone lots of elbow grease, the connector is finally cleaned out. I pulled out the wires i am not using. Everything is sorted for the HEI install and getting the motor ready to start
Working on the wiring behind the dash is not that bad, nothing is really that butchered, just removing the old radio wiring and a few other things but most of the original wiring is in good shape. Waiting for the new ignition switch to get in and key switch so i can get this puppy started.

This week I got most of the wiring cleaning up and identified. Oil changed and I got new rear tail lights installed and wired up.

Today i got it out of the garage and gave it a good going over with the pressure washer. Cleaned out the engine bay of any residual creepy crawlies.

This week i will get the HEI installed, the ignition switch and key switch should be in and i can button up the dash and wiring. Work on cleaning the fuel system and then crank her up and go for a drive.