New tires = wobble wtf

Ok I'm not new at this , and have checked ever nut and bolt on my front end. Track bar, control arms, and tie rods are all tight. My old 33"s had no wobble, now the new 35"s shake like a fool. Taking suggestions...

It's in my 05 tj. It's got the skyjacker 4" lift on it. Just looking at the track bar it maybe stock.
does it use a tie rod end at the frame side? have you had someone steer the wheels back and forth while you are under it to check for movement in both ends of the trackbar?

I will have someone steer it tonight. The track bar doesn't have a tie rod.
its not an original trackbar then.

can you get us a picture of the front suspension from the front? Skyjacker used a crazy trackbar setup for a while there that tied into the old steering stabilizer bracket, they were known for ripping the weld and causing DW.

are you getting Steering shakes like Death Wobble or just tire wobble like an out of balance tire?

Sounds like a bad bushing or TRE somewhere. I have the same problem with my two sets of tires. One set is larger than the other. I'll get death wobble with the larger tires but not the smaller tires.

Also what brand and tread are the new tires? There are some reports out there of certain tires just not balancing worth a crap.

Also did they check to make sure the rims were straight? Once again, I just went through that. Had 3 bent wheels. That sucked.

Last edited:
Ok so Brooks I was wrong no tie rod on the track bar and I can't load photos from my phone. I did swap the stabilizer tonight and shake/ wobble is at least band aided. The track bar had no movement.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
MTRs right? I had a set that took a lot of weight to balance, and Dad's 35s took a lot. I'd definitely have them checked, maybe by a different shop.

Hub bearings are good that was one of the first things I checked. Jeep has 87000 on it. Appointment has been made for alignment and rebalance. Yeah I put 35" Goodyear MTR's. On the jeep. Matt I agree I think it has slung some weights.

Check ball joints. Jack it up and put a pry bar between the shaft and lower inner c and pry it up. Mine had verticals movement bad on one side and had started to wobble some