New member headed to Gulches this weekend!

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Cool place to go, but yeh, its mainly dirt bikes and atvs. We went there last year ir the year before and it was a total mud pit. But it did just down pour for at least an entire day. They have a neat man made obstacle but there really isn't much else.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

Yeah from their website they have 3 different parks/groups of trails. From what the website says each group of trails are increasingly more intense with different obstacles. I think they have done a lot in the last year or so, but I'll let you know how it is and maybe some cool footage.

WolfGT

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Well, me, Larry and DJ went to Gulches today. It was a beautiful day. and btw, so was Friday. Gulches was a dry as could be. Spent the day running around and hitting all the obstacles. Had a really good time. The last place we hit was TNT again and I tried to go up the left side unsuccessfully again. But when I quickly backed off of it because the front lifted quickly, the front slammed the rock. HARD. Larry looked down and said it hit the steering skid. I was thinking, well, that's what it's for and we proceeded to head to the front. That is when the rain hit. It rained for 15 minutes or so and the sun came back out. We loaded up and headed out. I just got home and took a look at the skid. It wasn't the skid ..... see.

WP_20130629_001.jpg

I'll tell you what, this is the second time I have cracked this bumper at the seems. Different spots too.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
It was a good time and everything worked really well. Greg got redemption on shipwreck. I made the slab out of shipwreck without winching for the first time (first attempt with 4 link). I noticed when loading that the sami didn't want to steer right but I thought it was just the wet clay. When I got home it wouldn't steer to get in the garage. Broke 2 of the 3 high steer arm bolts .

IMAG0178_zps95159b42.jpg

IMAG0179_zpsd6f3e418.jpg

Last edited:
Well, me, Larry and DJ went to Gulches today. It was a beautiful day. and btw, so was Friday. Gulches was a dry as could be. Spent the day running around and hitting all the obstacles. Had a really good time. The last place we hit was TNT again and I tried to go up the left side unsuccessfully again. But when I quickly backed off of it because the front lifted quickly, the front slammed the rock. HARD. Larry looked down and said it hit the steering skid. I was thinking, well, that's what it's for and we proceeded to head to the front. That is when the rain hit. It rained for 15 minutes or so and the sun came back out. We loaded up and headed out. I just got home and took a look at the skid. It wasn't the skid ..... see.

View attachment 3387

I'll tell you what, this is the second time I have cracked this bumper at the seems. Different spots too.
Greg all that rock is is wheelbase. Once you get her stretched out it will walk right up it. Looks like y'all had a good time though!

Well that is my luck. We went to Durhamtown Plantation and it was a BLAST! We got a little rain Friday and Saturday evening and all day Sunday. We got several hours of riding Saturday and it was awesome. The park is like 6,000 acres! The majority of it is for dirtbikes, atvs, and side by sides but they have a huge area for trucks. There weren't very many trucks there this weekend probably only 5-8. If anyone is ever looking for a fun place to go it was definitely worth the trip. I am planning another trip in the winter when the heat and the bugs aren't as bad.

Jason, for future trips be sure to use a tree saver or tow strap when you winch to a tree. Strangling the tree like that and cracking the bark off can kill the tree.

yeah I ended up in both of those holes by accident lol. The first one I was coming up a steep incline and when the truck reached the top I was where the photo was taken. My intake sucked up a lot of water and stalled out the truck. Lucky for me my Warn winch works well under water because as you can see in the photo the winch was well under water.

I didn't think about using my strap until after I hacked up the tree but once I see I damaged the tree I got my strap out and used it around the tree.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Jason, for future trips be sure to use a tree saver or tow strap when you winch to a tree. Strangling the tree like that and cracking the bark off can kill the tree.
Was hoping someone else would say that...

I sunk my XJ there and Greg bent one of my tow hooks ( and probably the unibody) getting me out.