Joined the RedTJ club... Kinda

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
I've been able to get all but one of the bolts in the factory locations. The C pillars took a ratchet strap to a tree. The windshield attachment took a lot of work, and one of the b pillar floor plate bolts (a horizontal one) won't quite go in. I'm going to try a little more but may leave it out...

After dinner it'll be back to TSC for the 3rd time to get some locknuts for the seat belt reels.

20200308_155957.jpg
20200308_155926.jpg 20200308_155935.jpg

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Jeep is assembled back to at least being driveable, with seat belts and seats. I'll refrain from airing all my frustrations until after I talk to the cage builder, and I expect some issues with a project like this, but I'll just say when the welder comes out we've passed "bolt in".

20200314_215755.jpg
20200314_171307.jpg
@Twilliamson threw together a homemade press break.
20200314_190909.jpg

I will say this and I have no clue who built your cage but having built plenty of jeep roll cages, no two tubs are the same so if he used a tub to mock up your cage I'm not surprised there was some modifying to get it to work. That's why I will never build a cage without the customers vehicle there for me to build it in as I go. Just my 2cent from a fabricators standpoint! Cage looks good larry!

I will say this and I have no clue who built your cage but having built plenty of jeep roll cages, no two tubs are the same so if he used a tub to mock up your cage I'm not surprised there was some modifying to get it to work. That's why I will never build a cage without the customers vehicle there for me to build it in as I go. Just my 2cent from a fabricators standpoint! Cage looks good larry!
Whats so disappointing is that its SO SO close, but yet so far off, Things like mounting plates being 20 Degrees off, or Seatbelt mounts in the completely wrong spots its just ashamed that its been such a ordeal. Its still a really nice unit tho.

Whats so disappointing is that its SO SO close, but yet so far off, Things like mounting plates being 20 Degrees off, or Seatbelt mounts in the completely wrong spots its just ashamed that its been such a ordeal. Its still a really nice unit tho.
That's no good. That's why it's so hard to build a cage without the rig st your finger tips.