Jeep Front Driveshafts...

Ghost

SUPPORTER
I came across a front shaft this guy has for sale on NC4x4 and he posted it was from a 04 Rubicon. He measured it for me and says it's 38.5" long collapsed and 40.5" extended. Does this sound right? I need to find a spare front sense mine disappeared. My front is 35.25" long. I could very easily get this one cut down I would think. Thoughts?

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
Mine has more slip than that. How much does he want for it? By the time you factor shortening it Tom could probably build you one for not much more?

Ghost

SUPPORTER
Mine has more slip than that. How much does he want for it? By the time you factor shortening it Tom could probably build you one for not much more?
Tom? I called Carolina Driveline and they want $250. I'm waiting on a response from the guy. I think I can get it cheap. Sub $100.

Ghost

SUPPORTER
was that quote for all new parts? they also offer, or did offer a few rebuilt, or Junkyard style shafts.
Yes all new. A good price and probably will get my next new one form them but I need a spare. My other spare was an XJ a friend lengthened.

Saw your thread over there. Pretty sure Rubi uses 1330 joints?
I wasn't sure that is why I asked him. Do they use 1330? Trying to remember if my original outputs on the 205 were 1330. I went with 1310 from Tom Woods because he said it have better drop.