Heims

7/8" are plenty strong, the 1.25" will just last longer before they wear out. Kinda a toss up, but me I would go 7/8 since a little slip in your heims won't make that much difference.

If you are talking Toyota based light I'd be ok with 7/8". Personally I would spend the extra for 1-1/4" for piece of mind. One less thing to worry about.

you probably won't ever break a 7/8 heim, but as david said they are just gonna wear out a good bit quicker. I can't imagine a trail only rig is going to be flying through chromoly heims though.

what about upper link&pan hard bar thickness? I have some 1.25" DOM .120 wall for panhard and 1.75" DOM .120 wall for upper 3 link, was going 2" .250 for lowers. Will any of this stuff fold up first trip out? Im easy on my rig before lunch if that helps.:cheers:

1.75 .120 should be fine for the upper link. It only sees compression and tension. As for the panhard, I wouldn't even think about running 1.25 .120 wall. Sleeve a piece of 1.5 .120 over it or something. They see way more force than you think.

Yeah i'd be a little scared with 1.5x1.20 for a panhard. I'm only on 35's, but my 1.75 x .120 upper link on my 3 link has held up fine and i have beat on it pretty decently.

1.75 .120 should be fine for the upper link. It only sees compression and tension. As for the panhard, I wouldn't even think about running 1.25 .120 wall. Sleeve a piece of 1.5 .120 over it or something. They see way more force than you think.
All a panhard sees is tension and compression, just like an upper link.