Gooseneck hitch installation on 2008 K1500

Yeah I know it's a half ton truck but the K2500's I have are utility bodies. I bought a used 16' cattle trailer and this is what I have to pull it with. Looking under the bed, it looks like fuel lines and heat shields in the way. Anyone had experience with installing one? I don't want to butcher the bed to install it. Thanks. And happy New Year.

I haven't done a goose neck, and I don't know if this changes for them, but I bought a used OEM hitch on eBay and soon found out that long bed and short bed hitches are different. Is the gooseneck you have for the bed length you have?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd look at B & W hitches (turnoverball) If they offer one for that truck it will be the best and installation usually uses pre-existing holes in the frame.

Thanks for the replies. I'm looking at a draw-tite "hide-a-goose"and seems pretty straightforward as far as installation goes. Just looked at the install instructions on their website; says to cut the heat shield out and reposition the brake line and wiring harness. Have to jack the bed up on driver side to get hitch crossmembers in. This is the mount with the ball that's removable and flips over to store, so the truck bed is not obstructed. Friend has a fifth-wheel camper setup in his truck and the rails are permanently installed across the bed at the fenderwells with the hitch head removed; seems to me would be a pain loading something in the truck. I'll probably order the hitch this week. I'll post later with the results.

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
My last truck had 5th wheel rails in it when I bought it, and they where annoying at times. Would have been nice to have a turnover.

Got my cousin to pull the trailer to the farm. F550 4x4 flatbed diesel never knew it was there. Set the tongue in my truck to see how heavy it is. Made the rear suspension go down 1.5 inches. Frame of gooseneck clears the bedside and tailgate 8 inches. The hitch on the trailer is not adjustable; first one I've seen like this. Got the draw tite hitch ordered friday.