Food for Bumpus

Ok, we should get organized with who is bringing what.

We could make one big meal or we could each cook separate.

I plan to make something in the dutch oven friday and sat nights. That feeds a good many people.

one recipe I want to do is the 2 Can Jumbalaya, its really good, I havent decided on another yet. We could do chili dogs or hamburgers the other night?

I know JR said he wanted to do steaks, what else do yall want to do?

LBarr2002

LIFETIME
SUPPORTER
I would rather do group meals, but I won't have room for anything but a couple bottles of water :)... I'll pitch in money or can get food if somebody else can carry it.

I'm a minimalist (i.e. lazy) when it comes to this sort of stuff...and with my spare in the bed am very short on space. Not sure if Jay was serious or not, but that strategy is about in line with what I will probably do.

I'm a minimalist (i.e. lazy) when it comes to this sort of stuff...and with my spare in the bed am very short on space. Not sure if Jay was serious or not, but that strategy is about in line with what I will probably do.
if we make a few meals as a group, it will save everyone space.

Dang! You're not supposed to use good logic against me! :D

...ok, I'm game. What shall I bring? Should we make a master list of things that are needed and sign up for the things we can bring?

I'm going to have to head back on Saturday it's looking like.

Ok, I got a few recipes for the dutch ovens that would feed alot of people. I'm going today to get a price list so we can say how much meals would be per person.

Who all is interested in a group meal? I know that Jay, Brian, and JR planned to cook stuff separate. I'll discuss some options at the meeting, If you plan to eat with the group bring Friday and Saturday Nights bring $10. It may be less, but I'll have a price list by the meeting.

here are the recipes I'm considering. I figure we will do to options friday night to mix it up.

March 2011 Bumpus Cove Meal Options

FRIDAY NIGHT
Two Can Jambalaya
__2 Cans (10oz. each) diced tomatoes
__2 Cans (10.5 oz. each) condensed French onion soup
__2 Cans (10.5 oz. each) concentrated beef consommé
__2 Cans (about 1 lb) white rice
__2 Cans (about 1lb) cubed smoked sausage
__½ cup butter

Black Swamp Pasta (baked pizza pasta)
__1lb ground beef or sausage
__1.5 (16 oz) boxes Rotini (corkscrew pasta)
__3 (14oz) cans Pizza sauce
__2 (3 oz) packages pre sliced pepperoni
__1 bell pepper (diced)
__1 (4 oz) can sliced mushrooms
__2 (16 oz) packages shredded mozzarella cheese

SATURDAY NIGHT
Concho Valley Chicken (served in tortillas like a Cajun burrito)
__1 tbs vegetable oil
__4 skinless boneless chicken breasts
__2 green bell peppers
__1 medium onion
__Paprika, salt, black pepper, Creole Cajun seasoning (to taste)
__1 (14 oz.) can diced tomatoes
__1 (10 oz.) can diced tomatoes with green chilies
__1 (32 oz.) container chicken broth
__1 (14 oz.) box Kraft minute rice
__2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
__1 package Flour tortillas

So who wants in?

I'm definately bringing steaks if a few folks want to indulge. I'll bring close to 10 lbs. of ribeyes. (ouch, there goes an arm and half a leg) :2c: :la:

Also on my list: at least a dozen eggs, 6 lbs. or so of bacon and or sausage.
I'm bringing some oil, fish fry batter, tin foil, lemon just in case I end up catching a few trout up there with my fly rod. Assuming there's a stream nearby. I have an open fire rainbow trout recipe that's off the chain!! :grinpimp:

I'm definately bringing steaks if a few folks want to indulge. I'll bring close to 10 lbs. of ribeyes. (ouch, there goes an arm and half a leg) :2c: :la:

Also on my list: at least a dozen eggs, 6 lbs. or so of bacon and or sausage.
I'm bringing some oil, fish fry batter, tin foil, lemon just in case I end up catching a few trout up there with my fly rod. Assuming there's a stream nearby. I have an open fire rainbow trout recipe that's off the chain!! :grinpimp:

dont think there is a river nearby, there is a creek or two, but doubt you'll see any trout:hnd:

Just as a heads up. If the club would like to purchase bulk for future group meals i can lend a hand. I buy through the Mormon Cannery. You can get stuff like pasta, macaroni, potato flakes, coco mix, pancake mix, and lots of other stuff. It's super cheap.

Lori and I will probably join in. I will ask her. I am bringing eggs for breakfast, and Brooks, you still bringing your shake n pour pancake mix? I can swing by the bread store and grab some bread if you think we will need it...I am plannign on a cooler, but depends. The trailer wont be ready for the trip I dont think....

We can get a head count at the meeting tomorrow. And we will figure out what everyone is bringing for the breakfast. I think we will all plan to bring lunch separately.