Favorite Brews Thread

So, after the conversation in the OSCAR thread I thought it would be a good time to start a thread for people to share you favorite Brew.

Craft Brew's mainly, but if you care to tell us how much you like Bud Diesel we can entertain that too. I indulge in one anytime I go to a bar and they have no Natty Light or good craft brew on tap and want to charge the same money for Mich Ultra (water).

Didn't picture you are a dark beer guy. I just had a pretty good chocolate peanut butter porter the other day. I am trying to cut back on my IPAs and get back into other beers. Now that the wife has stopped drinking I have cut back though. Tough to relax with a beer while she stares at me.

Didn't know how to quote Clippa in a new thread....

The Terrapin Peanutbutter Porter is pretty much money in the bank. Not too sweet but not to tart either.

Sweetwater Georgia Brown is a VERY good choice if you can find it on tap (Sports Break has it right now but it's $7.50 for a tall boy)

Mill House occasionally gets a beer called Crème Brulee from Southern Tier Brewing Co. It is what me and Shannon call desert beer. Very sweet but in the right places.

RJ Rockers Son of a Peach is another favorite. On tap. Out of the bottle it's a bit hoppy. Pour in a glass it's pretty legit. I like these when it's warm out.

I hate everything that an IPA is and is about. They are the swill of craft brew IMO. However, I do like a Sweetwater 420 or Fat tire. Hoppy, but not ridiculous.

I try something new every time we visit Mill House and also go to the beer tastings at Flynn's frequently. So, I will keep this updated with the new stuff I like.

Sierra Nevada is my favorite brewery with Anderson valley and Oscar blue right behind it. Usually like or try most anything by them.

I'm not much of a wheat fan, prefer a IPA and occasionally porter or stout dependin on weather and food.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm a pretty big fan of the Kona Brewing company, not really a small craft brew, but they have some tasty stuff. The Longboard from them is good. I also like the Son of a Peach from RJ rockers

I consider anything non-budwieserish to be Craft Brew. I know that's not really correct, but you get the drift.

Anderson Valley Wild Turkey Stout is money. I forgot about that one.

I took a beer brewing class in lexington at that place downtown a while back and it was really cool. I'd like to try my hand doing it. Sanitation is key.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I have the new section of the shop built. Some home brew is on schedule as a project. Along the very long lists of projects however.

I've been on an IPA kick for the past year. I've really grown to like Oscar Blues stuff. Mainly Devient Dale. Here in Gwd it's only at Flyns and $14.99 for 4, 16oz. But at 8% it only takes about 2 and I'm ready to count sheep. Dales pale ale and Sweetwater IPA have been my go to lately. I've tried the darker stuff but I'm more of a Haley Berry kinda guy.

Craft Beer is my thing. Carolina craft has been something I've been exploring lately. you guys in Greenville should check out Quest. A couple good ones there. Columbia guys should check out Conquest Brewing. Some of my favorites in SC there. As for Terrapin not much wrong with anything they make IMHO. Love there Moo Hoo and Liquid Bliss. There is a relatively new brewer on a farm in Lancaster. Benford Brewing. Good stuff but not outstanding. I just like the guy and hope he does well. You should check out his story. Another good one if you are on your way to the Beach is Seminar out of Florence, SC. Citrocity IPA is excellent IMHO, and there Carver Peanut Butter Porter is great too! If you get up around Asheville, NC check out Ashville Pizza and Brew. Excellent food and beer! That is all I have time for atm.

I am not a fan of anything that is black or tastes like coffee. Once they start getting in the 12% or more I tend to lose interest. I love some Sierra Nevada Pale Ale and Sweetwater 420. As far as cheaper beer goes I like Yuengling.

I can't even narrow it down. I have been to breweries in 12 states and 4 countries. Wineries in about the same number of places. I do drink a lot of IPAs, but I can't stand the trend for small guys to try to be the hoppiest. Screw that, I want to enjoy the beer. Stone, westbrook, Dales, full sail, Rogue, and wicked weed are pretty much standards. Dales had a bloody mary devient dales pale ale at the greenville beer fest that was hands down my favorite of over 50 beers I tried while there.

Coffee beers you can keep. I want a stout not a coffee stout. Wake and bake... terrible. I might as well order starbucks and since I don't like coffee that isn't going to happen. My wife didn't even like it and she loves coffee.

Sour beers? You betcha, Jester Kings outside Austin has some beer that will pucker your face and you just keep going back for more.

I tend to shy away from fruit beers. Keep your Son of a peach.

Great now I want a beer and the brewery across the street doesn't open until 4:00 tomorrow...

Dales had a bloody mary devient dales pale ale at the greenville beer fest that was hands down my favorite of over 50 beers I tried while there.

You have peaked my curiosity...when is the beer festival this year anyway?

Sour beers? You betcha, Jester Kings outside Austin has some beer that will pucker your face and you just keep going back for more.

I may have to try this. Sounds awesome.

I tend to shy away from fruit beers. Keep your Son of a peach. More for me!

http://fest.thecommunitytap.com/

This is the one we like going to. It is local to greenville and the guys at Community tap are pretty solid. Tickets go fast though and you want to be in line early.

Then you have the larger one at flour field.
http://rhizomeproductions.com/previous-events/greenville-craft-beer-festival/

Then the big dog of the state in my opinion. Don't go very often because of the cost.
http://brewvival.com/

I am working to get some Jester Kings stuff shipped to me. My brother is just busy with Carnival preparations right now so he doesn't have time to drive over and buy any beer. Oh well, I guess that Carnival is probably a little more fun for him than getting me beer. I can't compete with Brazil.