Facebook Marketplace

Wow, so i haven't sold anything on marketplace in a while. I was getting dinner ready and decided to list an old canoe I had. I took two crappy pictures and posted it for sale for $100 in Chapin like I always have.

Fast forward 40 minutes when we are finished eating and cleaning up and I check my phone and I had 76 new messages on facebook? I was like something must be up, thats weird. Well, come to find out FB marketplace now automatically includes a "shipped" price on our sale ads unless you change it. So I had 76 people in line to buy this Canoe that they expected me to ship for $9. Right....

So I'm like "no problem, I'll edit the ad" , NOPE! someone already bought it with some buy it now button and you can't edit the ad after someone does that until you Cancel their order. So by this time I have about 84 messages and I Cancel the order and edit the ad.

I obviously listed the canoe for too cheap i guess COVID has driven up the cost of canoes? But I had someone Paypal me friends and family last night full cash amount and said they would come get it this weekend. No questions asked.

So i mark it sold, and I got 14 emails that I had sold it and hadn't even messaged them.... BRUH! I can't message 80 people.

Rant over

Thats nuts. But yes, any recreational activity products have skyrocketed due to COVID. There's a shortage of new and the used market is nuts. Boats, campers, powersports, you name it. It's a good time to have your yard already full of toys to enjoy.